Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf exhaust options

So I have managed to negotiate an exhaust before I have even bought the car. My wife is predictable and the negotiation was short and sweet. I am not sure if the benefit of one over the other but prices are vastly different. 

- Hayward and Scott (secondary cat back) This is a cheap system at £816 excluding fitting. Loved the one on my isf.

https://www.haywardandscott.com/lexus/lexus-rcf.html?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

- Quicksilver (secondary cat back). This is expensive at £1880 excluding fitting. 

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/Products/LEXUS

- Borla (Primary cat back). This seems like great value given the extra system one would be buying at £1853.

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/borla-lexus-rc-f-5-0l-15-17-s-type-cat-back-exhaust-dual-3-5-round-rolled-angle-cut-tips.html

Why is the quicksilver so expensive compared to the others? Am I missing something. It is just a set of back boxes and pipes like the Hayward and Scott system? 

Stu

• Like 1

The Hayward and exhaust price is back box only. I would be looking at cat back so assume similar to isf price so roughly £1140.

I have contacted Hayward and Scott and asked for a price on a cat back system with and without a valve. This system in my isf was ok’d with Lexus from a warranty perspective. 

RCF has a flanged connection behind the back axle unlike the ISF which I understand requires much longer pipework. The Quicksilver is effectively only an axle back exhaust & I think the H&S is the same.  @Big Rat Paul will be able to give you more info on that as he was looking at the H&S before he went down the QS route.

As far as price goes it is expensive, but it’s the only exhaust developed for/with Lexus & I understand its a high quality product inc genuine carbon fibre tips They will also discount for a group buy. 

The guys who have had the system for a bit tell me there is no drone at motorway speeds either, so it does seem to have been very well designed.

There's a video somewhere that shows design process. They use microphones to measure frequencies inside and out then computer model a system that tunes out bad frequencies.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

One of the other main considerations for me was it not invalidating the extended warranty & TWG have confirmed the QS system doesn’t.

But if the H&S/Borla systems do what you want for the money I can certainly understand the draw. 

12 minutes ago, DAW said:

RCF has a flanged connection behind the back axle unlike the ISF which I understand requires much longer pipework. The Quicksilver is effectively only an axle back exhaust & I think the H&S is the same.  @Big Rat Paul will be able to give you more info on that as he was looking at the H&S before he went down the QS route.

As far as price goes it is expensive, but it’s the only exhaust developed for/with Lexus & I understand its a high quality product inc genuine carbon fibre tips They will also discount for a group buy. 

The guys who have had the system for a bit tell me there is no drone at motorway speeds either, so it does seem to have been very well designed.

The carbon fibre tip will be over the to of the metal pipe? Don’t deny it’s a good system just be interesting to see what price Hayward and Scott come back with. 

Yes it's decorative to help fill the large gaps in the bumper and hide the back box. Same way lexus chromed tips are over the actual pipe.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

The carbon fibre tip will be over the to of the metal pipe? Don’t deny it’s a good system just be interesting to see what price Hayward and Scott come back with. 

Exactly, like most exhaust systems - I was just making the point that they are genuine carbon fibre tips from a cost perspective and not made to look like carbon fibre. 

I’m sure the H&S system will be better value & handy with them so close by. You were very happy with the H&S on your ISF, so no reason to think the RCF will be any different. Do they do valved systems?

6 hours ago, DAW said:

Exactly, like most exhaust systems - I was just making the point that they are genuine carbon fibre tips from a cost perspective and not made to look like carbon fibre. 

I’m sure the H&S system will be better value & handy with them so close by. You were very happy with the H&S on your ISF, so no reason to think the RCF will be any different. Do they do valved systems?

That’s my thinking. They do offer a valve. Or at least they did when I bought my isf system from them. Also as you say, having them so close is a big draw as well. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links