Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well all I've got to say is **&(?>< £"$%%%%..............

924896950_Photo16-05-2018094255.thumb.jpg.23bc6b37330097022c5fdbde5aeb0296.jpg

Chassis legs have gone so it's a total loss...

Totally down to me....

The search for a replacement starts........

• Sad 2

A crying shame, must make you want to spit nails (much like you did in posting)

When I pranged my previous LS, I was so furious that I managed to find the strength to hand pull the front wing off the front tyre to get me home.  It was the next day my back started giving me gip.  Those panels are pretty solid.

My only good luck was I pranged the week before  was about to spend a lot of money.

best of luck with search for the replacement.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

My only good luck was I pranged the week before  was about to spend a lot of money.

and when my Mk2 Ls400 was vandalised to write-off in 2011    I was just about to buy 4 new tyres ( Dunlop Z8s then I think ) and the petrol tank was needing about 85 of it's 85.1  ltrs ! . so an unfortunate but lucky £500 saved methinks 

The upshot for you is that you will have all the fun of finding that replacement ..................... the shock of the accident will hopefully soon disappear.

Malc

• Thanks 1

Wow Peter - Your unfortunate news has shocked me, so goodness only know how you must feel. It's also apparent that you're an upright gent to come clean about responsibility.

I hope that you get the correct value from your insurers and I'm sure that if you buy the salvaged remains back from the insurer that you will transfer all those lovely new bits to your replacement and If not, then there will surely be a queue of forum members. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, if I get the option to buy the salvage then I will, I'll buy another 430 as well... 19years plus protected no claims so hopefully won't get killed at renewal...

One of lifes daft moments, I mean it was an 8ft wide 10ft tall bright red lorry.... and I still managed to miss it stopping... it ripped the "T" bar out of the chassis of the lorry...!!!

No airbag deployment, I wasn't going very fast at all but lorries don't take prisoners...!!

304428406_Photo_16-05-2018_09_42_49.thumb.jpg.0f238c6f04b9171cafd65a53e7de2b50.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The bar of the lorry probably saved you from more serious injuries. We all make mistakes, it is life but when you have put so much work and love into a car it is a bit much. 

Onward and upward! Good luck with your search.

• Thanks 1