Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebc Green Stuff

stephenc

Are you using the EBC Green Pads with standard Lexus discs?

If so, then that's why they are not lasting long, the greenstuff pads should only be used with the EBC Discs..

EBC Australia informed me that using Greenstuff on standard discs is fine :huh:

me too!!

Friend at work has some greenstuff's he is putting on his Puma, he says the box says they last about 10k miles!! Take out the marketing speak, that could be as low as 7k!!

Other people I know who are on the Lotus Elise club don't like the EBC's and use the Mintex or Pagid.

Mind you, each to there own, some people have had no problems with EBC's. Suck em and see I guess.

I decided against them based on experiences from people on this site, and from others I know who have used them.

I am no braking expert and haven't done any racing etc, however people on this site have valued experience (such at Mat) and I think I would be stupid to ignore thir opinions.

But, if some people do want to use them, and they find them to be ok, then good for them.

Guest mark_tsang
I decided against them based on experiences from people on this site, and from others I know who have used them.

I am no braking expert and haven't done any racing etc, however people on this site have valued experience (such at Mat) and I think I would be stupid to ignore thir opinions.

But, if some people do want to use them, and they find them to be ok, then good for them.

me too, i stick to standard or upgrade to some other ones as a subject from mazda 323F owner club long time ago, some of the EBC pads crumbled round the edges so it had to be recalled.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

didn't TRD_328 or whatever it was have these?? I know he had the discs etc. Let me see if I PM'd him ages ago.

Hasn't he now sold his IS and got an RX?

Sorry, couldn't find anything!!

i have green stuff pads on the front with standard disks i have done around 8k and there is still plenty of pad left, there is a small amount of wear on the disk i do tend to brake hard to help get some heat into the pad and they seem to work a little better. i drove a 53 reg whilest my car was being serviced and noticed the brakes felt much sharper, so i would go for standard pads next time unless anyboady knows of another pad that stops as well as standard pad mixed with the low dust of EBC Green stuff :)