Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In short, the RCF is better than the GSF

35 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Don't worry.  I am a JDM fanboy.  You have the best combo possible.  Although I do like the orange ones with carbon bonnets as well.  It's the extrovert in me :-)

Thank you very much. 👍

All the others just take the **** out of my Calibra!

• Like 2

Oh *****, she is more interested in how she looks, which actually reminds me of some of the RCF lot on here, she cant drive and if you asked her a technical question she would be fuc@ed.....................

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Mark G said:

Oh *****, she is more interested in how she looks, which actually reminds me of some of the RCF lot on here, she cant drive and if you asked her a technical question she would be fuc@ed.....................

I just looked in the mirror - so I know you are not talking about me!

Ratty is marginally faster on the road than you, so you can’t be talking about him.

That just leaves @Comedian. I think you are being harsh. His driving isn’t that slow is it?

• Like 4

I am 6.2 and to be honest had no issue fitting in RC, the main difference is in rear legroom/headroom and in RC you would need to have more amputee friends.. or they would become amputees after anything over 30 min drive anyway.

Point - if you want to take 2 full size adults in the back, you better of with GS-F... but because I don't I would be more then happy with RC-F (+ I am not fancy working as taxi driver, so having less space in the rear would be advantageous). 

• Like 2

I’m over 6ft & had plenty of head room in the back of the RCF when I tested it with the drivers seat set for me. My sons catching me in terms of height & he also  fits fine. The padded triangular shape to the back of the front seats helps a lot I’m sure, but can get whole family in comfortably - which I have to say was a bit of a surprise & a relief 😆

TBO I was surprised how much tear space there is in the RCF, especially when I think back to my Supra!

• Like 5

When you're sat in the back it's remarkably ok. Getting there isn't easy and I wouldn't want to be back there if a fire developed after a crash and the seats decide to not move. Too gloomy?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Well.. clearly I am exaggerating... but that is basically my point - you can get 4 adults in RC-F (I did get 4 adults in RC300h) and they do fit. Is it comfortable? - not really.. you can survive maybe short journey in the back.

But that is again as I said can be a good thing - I am 90% of the time alone in my cars, 5% of the time with my girlfriend and another 5%with 3 passengers. So for me RC more then cover 95% off all journeys and GS-F space in the back would be wasted for same 95%.

Actually, I reckon if you take people like the reviewer... you can get 6 of them in RC and another 2 in the boot :devil2:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Of course, there are other arguments for a GS-F. Understandable, some people just prefer fast saloons.

yep.. this one I will never understand.. but each to their own... 

still can be worse (fast hearses):

Image result for MB R63 amg

• Like 1

Of course, there are other arguments for a GS-F. Understandable, some people just prefer fast saloons.
Why is a saloon called a saloon? It sounds odd. Makes me think of cowboys.

Would you prefer 'sedan'?

Still Yankee style.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

A reasonable explanation...

"While the two are today, the same in size, Sedans and Saloons were once quite different. A Saloon was a larger car, not quite as large as a limousine, but every bit as luxurious. Typically, a Saloon often was Chauffeur driven, while a Sedan was driven by it's owner. Sedans in the 1930s were generally a smaller car than a Saloon, but after ww2 the manufacturers in the US began building much larger automobiles; when these hit the British market, they were often refereed to as "Yank Tanks". Saloon today, implies a more luxurious vehicle; A jaguar S-Type 4.2 would be regarded as a Saloon, whereas a similar sized Honda would be a Sedan."

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-ds444601

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So basically, IS300h is sedan, GS300h is saloon, but then IS-F is saloon as well .... because.. hell.. lost..

On 18/04/2018 at 10:18 PM, Linas.P said:

He voted (pretended it was fair public vote) SC430 "the worst car of the century". I must admit I liked Clarkson, but I disagree with him here.... 

TG was motoring show - not consumer advice line.

on my previous point - quite nice (though late) vindicating words:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

So basically, IS300h is sedan, GS300h is saloon, but then IS-F is saloon as well .... because.. hell.. lost..

But the RCF is a sexy ‘coop’!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@FlytvrSo Dav your saying that the RCF makes this  short arsed grey haired ageing..... fast..... builder.....sexy......:rolleyes:

🐀

I think what he says - RC-F doesn't need driver to look sexy... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a drive down to Lexus Gatwick to answer the rcf gsf question for myself. Took my oldest son who's just under 6ft to see if I could get all the family in the rcf. They had a carbon white rcf and a silver gsf. Silver looks better in the flesh than the pictures. They also had a new blue gsf in the workshop they showed me , that looked fantastic.had a look and sit in the gsf first. Beautiful cabin, very comfortable. Heads up display was great. More than enough room. Similarly sized to my old 5 series bmw. 

Had a sit in the rcf.  Very nice also. At 6'4" there was no way I could comfortably get the family in so for me it was the gsf all the way.

Went out in the gsf and was more than pleasantly surprised how they seem to have improved in all areas of what I feel is a great package in the isf. Suspension is a massive improvement and the stock noise was also very good.

Time to start start saving!

20180422_105241.jpg

20180422_105248.jpg

20180422_110435.jpg

• Like 4

Like comparing apples and oranges, surely?

Yes, both fruit (V8s) but very different in appearance and taste (function)..

GS-F a four seater saloon, family conveyance, RC-F two seater coupé, 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Yep, like comparing Michelle  Pfeiffer and Hilda Ogden.

😜 I hope @Mark G doesn’t read this!!! 😧 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

To a point maybe, this trip wasn’t about what’s best, it was about what’s best for me in my current family situation. If I felt we would all fit in an rcf then it would have been down to how they drove and felt. I didn’t drive the rcf as that part of the decision was made, the same as not buying an isf with a sunroof, I wouldn’t fit!

matt

• Like 2

Yep, like comparing Michelle  Pfeiffer and Hilda Ogden.
[emoji12] I hope [mention=54609]Mark G[/mention] doesn’t read this!!! [emoji47] 

Not much in it these days. You need to get up to date. :D