Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Samsung S8 Bluetooth problems with IS300H

When playing back streamed content from my S8 via Bluetooth  I seem to have lost all the track info metadata on the car display, all the fields now say Unknown.  

If I browse the tracks in the playlist their titles show up but as soon as you select one to play it goes back to showing unknown.

Everything was working fine before the most recent update was installed on the S8 do I'm assuming it has something to do with that.  It's not a major problem but it's fairly annoying and if like to try and sort it if possible.  I've tried re pairing the phone and wiping the cache partition without any success.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix for it?

hi 

I have an S8 and was having this issue a few months back. turned out the firmware on the car needed updating and was nothing to do with the phone. Lexus updated it for me free of charge and since then it works perfect all the time.

cheers

carl

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same issue, delete the app data on your phone, re-launch the app then connect to the car, should be visible again. The issue is fixed in android 8.1, its to do with the versions of AVRCP implemented in Android 8.0, or more likely the lack off, AVRCP version 1.3 will work perfectly in this car but it was removed, Android 8.1 adds it back in. You can check this via Developer options on your phone but in the meantime, deleting the app data on your phone will kind of work. 

@Carl1983 what version is your firmware after the upgrade from lexus? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links