Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Sat Nav

malcolmw

I have had a strange problem today with the SatNav. It seems to have lost the location of where the car is and has reset itself about 8 miles offset!

I will try it again tomorrow (reboot?) but is there a system reset option anywhere? I see that people with the latest NX are having some issues.

Has anyone seen this before?

Power off/on will reboot it, you don't need to do anything more than that - no point clearing the data, it won't help.

Ask you dealer if any firmware updates exist - there is a update for the MM17 nav system but your vehicle probably already has it installed. As it is a new system there are likely to be bugs unlike the MM13 and MM15 systems which are now stable.

25 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Press and hold the Audio Vol/On/Off button while the hybrid system is Ready will perform a reboot.

Press and hold while the ignition is on / engine running for the LC500 (non h) :wink3:

• Like 1

There is a update for the Nav system, a couple of weeks age my screen went completely blank, after around a minuet it came back on, it had lost my phone records and my radio stations, mine was to supposably already had this update done so i think they are still having problems withe the system on the LC & NX

7 hours ago, wendle said:

There is a update for the Nav system, a couple of weeks age my screen went completely blank, after around a minuet it came back on, it had lost my phone records and my radio stations, mine was to supposably already had this update done so i think they are still having problems withe the system on the LC & NX

Just looking at your profile pic. Didn't you have a blue RC-F - if my memory serves me right. How you finding the LC?

14 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Just looking at your profile pic. Didn't you have a blue RC-F - if my memory serves me right. How you finding the LC?

Yes i sold the blue RC-F last September, the RC-F was a great car except for the ride comfort, i think if i had came from a IS-F i probably would not had noticed to much difference,but my previous cars have been, GS300, & GS450H, you may be thinking , well surly you would have noticed this when test driving the car, and your right i should have done but i was one of the fortunate ones who were taken out to the Ascari race track in malaga, which don't get me wrong was a brilliant 2 days but you don't find many speed humps or pot hole on a race track.

As for the LC, its a completely different animal and although this car was in the pipe line when the RC-F was released nobody could give me any i dear on how much it was going to be, just looking at the poster they had of the LC ( concept ) on the dealership's wall it looked very expensive and with talk of it being produced in the same factory as the LFA and similarly  based on the LFA fingers of £180K / £220K were being thrown around.

The LC is very comfortable, and driving it in comfort mode i would say it drives very similar to my GS450h f sport, other than comfort my only other concern was it is lower to the ground than the RC-F, and i wasn't very elegant getting out of that, but as it happens due to the less side bolstering on the seats and the much lower sill it is easer to get in and out of than the RC-F. the only thing is that the doors are massive and really need to be fully open to be able to get in and out comfortably so parking can be a slight issue, other than that i am extremely happy with the LC and of course i have one of the most stunning looking cars on the road. ( not all would agree we all have our own opinions ).

• Like 2

Yes, the long doors are just about the only drawback...

I think the comfort mode makes the ride a bit softer but it is not a huge difference from "normal" except at very low speeds. What do you think?

1 minute ago, malcolmw said:

Yes, the long doors are just about the only drawback...

I think the comfort mode makes the ride a bit softer but it is not a huge difference from "normal" except at very low speeds. What do you think?

yes your right there is not a lot in it, saying that even in sport mode its not that hard unless your on a rough road