Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 stuck on navigation screen

Hi guys

I picked up a 1998 LS400 last weekend.

The navigation screen was playing up stating that there was no cd etc. I then checked the navigation ecu in the boot, ejected the cd and then reinserted it. Since then the screen has been stuck on one page "lexus GPS voice navigation". I have no controls for the AC/heater and nothing else. It is as though the screen is frozen. I removed the negative lead on the bettery for 30 seconds to reset any systems but no luck. I restarted the car a few times, no luck. No screen control is a big problem!

Please help!

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-19 at 10.06.24 PM.jpeg

It took me time to get the hang of it, have you pressed the climate button, just above 'menue'? or for that matter 'menu, at least reading this I now know what the Lexus CD is 'probably' for, think Ill leave it alone, mines a '99, I think I picked it all up by playing around with it, buttons etc to see what they do or dont do

The screen is totally fine and worked fine for a couple of days when it did. Its the cd box in the boot that seems to be the culprit. The system needs to be reset some how. Cant really figure it out.

8 hours ago, dendonc said:

It took me time to get the hang of it, have you pressed the climate button, just above 'menue'? or for that matter 'menu, at least reading this I now know what the Lexus CD is 'probably' for, think Ill leave it alone, mines a '99, I think I picked it all up by playing around with it, buttons etc to see what they do or dont do

None of the screen related physical buttons work.

I have the nav manual and electrical service manuals but not accessible until Sunday when I can look them up for you.

It sounds like the drive unit is failing to boot up hence it is remaining on the home screen.

Worst scenario is the disc drive has failed, I have a fully working one which you can try if needs be.