Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another satNav question

Has anyone updated their SatNav on the NX yet?

Are there any reliable versions available other than paying the vastly overpriced updates from Lexus?

I see that one or two members have done theirs on other models with some success.

Hello ColinBarber, apologies, I did mean to say 'Map updates' in my original post.  I punched in a postcode for a point some 50 miles away today and it wasn't available and so I thought that a map update was needed.  I know that Lexus charge silly money for these but have seen that other members have used updates from other than via Lexus.

Apologies again for the misleading post.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the version recommended to me after following Andrew's link above.  I provided them with all my data information and they came up with this but, I don't think that my SatNav is the Premium version.  Anyone able to tell me how I can verify this please.

The Lexus SatNav handbook do not eject the SD card as it will deactivate the system.  I'm not sure if map updates are normally done by leaving the SD card in place and writing over the existing  content or, if its done by replacing the card with a new one.  Anyone know the answer to this.

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/2018-lexus-premium-sat-nav-sd-card-navigation-map-update-652-p.asp

The cost of this update (from the link) is certainly more realistic than Lexus prices.  Have any other NX owners used it at all?