Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Engine Oil and Usage

Are the F's known to use much oil?

I know its 5W-30 but what brand do the dealers use as I always like to have some in the car to top up with if needed.

Has anyone used the Fuchs Titan Race R in one and thought it made any difference?

4 minutes ago, C.B said:

Are the F's known to use much oil?

I know its 5W-30 but what brand do the dealers use as I always like to have some in the car to top up with if needed.

Has anyone used the Fuchs Titan Race R in one and thought it made any difference?

After track days I found my oil level dropped to just above minimum.  

Normal driving between yearly outings on a track, no oil used at all.

Not sure on what dealer uses.  

I am quite fussy about oil changes and get my mate who runs a garage to change the oil every 5k between Lexus Dealer 10k services.

I have run Motul and Mobil 1 other than what Lexus supply.  Motul she ran higher oil temps than Mobil 1.  Will be sticking to Mobil 1 between services from now on.

80k miles, no need for a top up between services. Mind you, that’s mostly uk motorway..... so pretty relaxed driving. I don’t do track days.. maybe I’m getting old. 

• Like 1

Exactly 2 years to the day I owned my isF never used a drop, 3 months into RCF ownership same result.

I dread to think how much I spent on all my Porsche’s on oil between services frequently a litre every 500-1000 miles.

🐀

• Like 3

On 20/04/2018 at 1:56 PM, Flytvr said:

They don’t use much at all. I did have to top up the ISF oil once,  but I’m guessing the dealer didn’t put enough in it at service time 😡

My experience too! 

• 2 weeks later...

Very similar engine in my LC and... no oil used thus far.

I am careful with new engines as sometimes they use a drop until the bores smooth off but not with this motor.

• Like 2