Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The reason all Mesa Red owners live for!

10 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

I had a Mesa red is and now have a GS which apparently is not Mesa red but looks exactly like my IS colour. To my eyes the best colour Lexus do. Even if it may look pink under certain light conditions!

The GS is Mesa Red - colour code 3R1

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

I had a Mesa red is and now have a GS which apparently is not Mesa red but looks exactly like my IS colour. To my eyes the best colour Lexus do. Even if it may look pink under certain light conditions!

Also the fastest colour too 😉, how does the GS compare?......I love the ISF but particularly isn’t its best feature with dogs 🙄....thinking about a shift to a Range Rover sport. But horror stories are off putting 😬

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Also the fastest colour too 😉, how does the GS compare?......I love the ISF but particularly isn’t its best feature with dogs 🙄....thinking about a shift to a Range Rover sport. But horror stories are off putting 😬

I originally was planning on getting a IS300h but took a drive in the GS and it knocks spots off the is. Not the most practical of cars but a sublime relaxing cruiser. Have done a few European tours in it and couldn't ask for more. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

Shift to a Range Rover? Really? Have you not considered the RX? There is a good YouTube clip of an American guy who bought a Range |Rover. Apparently they can take out what is described as "Bumper to Bumper" Warranty. My goodness he got value from the policy!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Shift to a Range Rover? Really? Have you not considered the RX? There is a good YouTube clip of an American guy who bought a Range |Rover. Apparently they can take out what is described as "Bumper to Bumper" Warranty. My goodness he got value from the policy!

I love the Lexus brand and it’s reliability and I’m on my 4th Lexus, the RX isn’t something that I find pleasing to the eye, I do like the “new RX” but I don’t do finance or rentals 😔......I’ve always owned my cars, can’t justify a mortgage payment on one, I’ve considered all of them BUT always fancied a RR and my uncle is on his 5th Land Rover/Range Rover and wouldn’t have anything else, head says one thing, heart says another 😳

• Like 2

@Womble72 I too wouldn’t touch RR with a barge pole, but that’s the beauty of being a petrol head heart has to rule the head....... as long as man maths finances allow......

Theres a Range Rover Sport I see from time to time in Dark Grey it to has a Quicksilver Exhaust and it sounds epic, they do have presence.

🐀

• Like 3

I'd have a landcruiser over the strange rover. I'd imagine like a defender the range rover is a great car if you like working on them and have a lot of patience.

The latest 200 series landcruisers are probably most in line with the rangey and will set you back over 30k for an 08 plate but older 100 series Amazon's are anything between a few grand to 20k but still bullet proof like their residuals.

• Like 3

I run a 20 yr old range as a second car, having chopped in my land cruiser in the for ISF. It's got it's idiosyncrasies, but strangely enough it's quite reliable!!

• Like 2

@JonPwill that be a P38 model at that age?

Going from people I know that's owned range rovers they seem to suffer more electrical glitches than anything else. One P38 owner from work had his fuse box go into meltdown leaving him stranded. Few weeks before that he closed the tailgate and the central locking somehow activated locking him out the car but his keys and wallet were inside lol.

Think sometimes with land rovers its just your luck. I know a Freelander owner who's diff input bearing for the prop wasnt fitted correctly from the factory. Common issue with a batch of them apparently. I work with a discovery owner who said his disco 3 was terrible but his disco 4 has been totally reliable. 

@mike m - Yup it's a P38. 4.6 lump. Couple of the fuses have obviously got  bit hot in the past but electrically it's ok at the moment. Biggest problem it's got at the moment is that a couple of the zircon flaps are sticking and i can't be arsed to strip the dashboard apart to get at them to lubricate them properly. My wife really likes it as it's an HSE so it's really comfortable compared to the F...

• Like 1

Seems like a good opportunity to give all you Mesa boys a little treat............[emoji847]

My isF list is now up to 171 cars of the 214 or so that remain and here is my by no means finished list of the Mesa'as !

I don't have pictures or stories/owners to go with each car as of yet so here is a few snippets, I'll start with one of the earliest and that is of GY08 OPA don't believe it's around any more was used at the beginning as a magazine feature car....... by Evo and so on in 2008

Then I have this picture....

IMG_0774.thumb.PNG.9e79819086c49b8980856c02aa45cd4e.PNG

The above car I know for a fact is LR58VYT here she is a day old being detailed in September 2008, if the owner is on here I can direct him to 15 other pics of the day.

Here is a reg number list now some of you will recognise yours [emoji848]

KX58 PNL

BK10NYX

LS10EVB

WP09KLO

AA58NVD

YT12 MJY

GY08GBE

SK10 ZXU

GU62LHW

LM10- - - 

And to finish a few more pictures.........

IMG_3044.thumb.JPG.b09158eef780ed6ed54fa431f318c7fe.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG.630d09ffd7135c3f63b113603bb0f2f5.JPGIMG_0776.JPG.ece917189c2dcfe096424070544325ed.JPGIMG_0777.thumb.JPG.44de8daaef249bf9cc5758af0fb18e5b.JPGIMG_0779.JPG.437ba723345d945f2aa721107dcb3aff.JPG

Ive only put permanent reg number cars and not personal plates except the last one any one know it ?

Enjoy !

Big Rat

IMG_0778.JPG.d410d34b8f37b92a96016a98cfb8141f.JPG

Another Mesa Red beast to add to the database - CE10GUD. Spotted in East Calder this morning.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links