Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

33 minutes ago, geosea said:

In my NX, which is less than 3 weeks old, road sign assist has displayed (in the centre console and on the HUD) the speed limit to be 110. On another occasion it showed 10. Fortunately I knew the speed limit on both occasions was 30mph so ignored the info. Usually though when it does show a limit it is the correct limit, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It usually either incorrectly reads a number , or correctly reads a truck with a speed in km/h, when it gets it wrong.

I've a sign near me in the 30 limit which is facing the other direction, every day the camera picks it up as a circle with a line through it (the pole) and displays the national speed limit sign. :sad:

Obviously this should only be used as a guide, it is the drivers responsibility to know the speed limit they are driving in at any moment in time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, geosea said:

In my NX, which is less than 3 weeks old, road sign assist has displayed (in the centre console and on the HUD) the speed limit to be 110. On another occasion it showed 10. Fortunately I knew the speed limit on both occasions was 30mph so ignored the info. Usually though when it does show a limit it is the correct limit, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I too have seen 110 displayed on the centre console (my NX 300h Luxury is about 4 weeks old), I was told as an aside when I bought the car that the odd 110 may display and it was likely being picked up from the back of foreign vehicles that shown their max speed limits - I'm not convinced though.  The 110 is displayed in black with a white background.  Interesting that 110 kph is close to 70 mph.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:36 PM, Centre100 said:

Contacted another Lexus dealer, he reports the latest NX300h do not have speed camera sound alerts.  Possibly due to a European directive.

I've now discovered its not the case.  The sound can be turned on by,  In settings, go to: General, Selection Sound.

It usually either incorrectly reads a number , or correctly reads a truck with a speed in km/h, when it gets it wrong.
I've a sign near me in the 30 limit which is facing the other direction, every day the camera picks it up as a circle with a line through it (the pole) and displays the national speed limit sign. :sad:
Obviously this should only be used as a guide, it is the drivers responsibility to know the speed limit they are driving in at any moment in time.
Had a new ct200h as a courtesy car yesterday, while my nx was being serviced. Now I understand why it kept telling me that the speed limit on the me is 90! Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2018 at 5:28 PM, Centre100 said:

Just bought (less than 48 hours ago!) New NX300h Luxury  2018 which comes with Premium Navigation.  Still finding my way around the nav system, I previously had a CT200h with Premium Nav which is very different.

Some questions before I get back to Lexus.

1.  I don't get any bleep warnings approaching speed cameras - can't see how to enable.  The Camera Icons are visible on the map.

2.  Is it possible to show speed limits on the map?  On one of the settings its greyed out.  Possibly because the car reads the real road signs and displays them on the centre console anyway, perhaps you can't have both?

3.  Settings for the vehicle are greyed out - can't see how to enable.

So far I love the car!

Thanks for reading this.

Hello,  congrats on the new car.

Can you please tell if you think that this was a worthy upgrade ( from CT to NX) ?

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2018 at 3:53 PM, talaipwros said:

Hello,  congrats on the new car.

Can you please tell if you think that this was a worthy upgrade ( from CT to NX) ?

talaipwros

Sorry only just found your post!

Yes for me well worth the upgrade - much easier to climb in and out, very smooth and comfortable.

• 7 months later...

Having spent £47K on the new Lexus NX I am appalled that the Lexus Technical Team replied with this

I have been able to find a solution to your query regarding the Speed Camera alerts and warnings on the Lexus Premium Navigation system: 
You have to select Setup -> General -> Selection Sound = On 

The volume of these alerts cannot be altered as it has a default sound within the system.

6 hours ago, Lordy said:

The question was that I was unable to hear or barely hear the 2 bleeps for the Speed camera warning. The reply I got was as in my post

They are pretty loud to be fair?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a simple alternative to get the speed bongs loud enough, no matter which version of the NX you drive.

Use the Waze app on your smartphone and link the phone to the car. You can have the volume as loud or soft as you want and it works better than the built in satnav

18 hours ago, Lordy said:

Please tell me more

Lordy - Plymouth

Download the Waze app Android or IOS version to suit your phone.

Pair your phone to the car using Bluetooth connection on the car. Once you have paired, then open the Waze app on your phone, enter a destination and drive. The audio should play through your car. To test the speed limits, just go a bit faster in the zone and the Waze app will alert you with 2 beeps that you are over the speed limit. It also displays in a circle the current road speed limit in case you missed a sign.

• 2 years later...

Another NX Takumi (2021) owner here with no camera warning beeps even with that General->Selection Sound option set to ON. Had it on my IS and quite miss it 😞