Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gear selector

Noticed today that the silver finish is already wearing off the gear selector in my NX. Surprising as I've only covered 4K miles, don't rest my hand on the lever and nor do I wear a ring that might have damaged it. It looks as though there is an area on the top middle of the selector where the finish is breaking up.

Anybody else noticed anything like that? 

I have't noticed anything, I will have to check when I get home tonight. My wife and I both wear rings too so, it would scrape against it when shifting to reverse / drive.

On 4/22/2018 at 4:32 PM, First_Lexus said:

Noticed today that the silver finish is already wearing off the gear selector in my NX. Surprising as I've only covered 4K miles, don't rest my hand on the lever and nor do I wear a ring that might have damaged it. It looks as though there is an area on the top middle of the selector where the finish is breaking up.

Anybody else noticed anything like that? 

Nope, it's the same in the NX as the RX, IS and RC. 

No issues on both ours. 

21 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Sounds like a manufacturing defect as it doesn't seem to be a common issue. Get your dealer to replace it under warranty. 

Do you use hand cream?

^^ No, nothing like that. Looking closely, the selector seems to have a lacquered finish. I think it is this that's breaking down, so a manufacturing defect seems most likely.

The car is going into the dealer (again!) in a couple of weeks as the rear suspension has now started squeaking, so I'll add this to their list.