Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh Look a Gsf with a spare Wheel !

17 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Does the GS-F have the same size rims all round?

No.

Fronts are 19x9" wheels with 255/35R19 tyres

Rears are 19x10" wheels with 275/35R19 tyres

The spare is a 19x8.5" wheel with a 225/40R19 tyre

RC F is the same.

• Like 1

I’ve not actually taken the plastic shell out from under the boot floor, but did hear that the TVD gubbins might be underneath... anyone know if this is the case? 

The lack of spare tyre really bugs me. I know Lexus Assist can come out and sort what isn’t fixable by the can of gunk you get; but a puncture requiring a wheel change always happens at 10pm on Christmas Eve. Response time from the AA, or whoever gets sent out will be measured in days. Or, installing a space-saver and keeepingthe speed under 50 - you can be on your way in about 20mins...

• Like 1

Yes the TVD ECU is at the bottom of the wheel well. I'm not sure if the wheel in the video is above it, which is why it is so high, or the ECU is relocated (which doesn't really make sense as you would manufacture all GS Fs with it mounted out of the way).

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Couldn't they find a space-saver, super narrow type spare?

The large brake callipers need a wheel of 19" and of a minimum width unfortunately.

Lexus could have tried harder though and used a special wheel with an integrated spacer. See pages 3 and 4:

• Like 2