Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When I brought the car it had rust bubbling on the bonnet but not coming through for lexus I thought that was odd .:huh:

I was looking for way to deal with it when I read on here that lexus give a 12 year warranty.

So called Lexus  Reading who sent me to Toyota bracknell and the guy there did the check few weeks ago and had to send off the report to Lexus but this seems to be a common issue with the GS (a good sign when the bodyshop know this)

He found that's the paint thickness was the same ish except the rear drivers side passenger door was very low....which was odd though  he confirmed that the door has never been replaced and is original.

Lexus came back saying they want their own guy to check and he did once over last week and gave  the all clear....:yahoo:

So now it's booked in to go to Toyota bracknell this morning.....

Will upload pictures soon

• Like 4

the courtesy car i got in return!!!!!:angry:

A Yaris Hybrid Automatic - as nice as it is to looks and drives locally, it has noooooo power on the motorway :wheelchair:, takes ages to get up to speed.

i think the economy goes out of the window :unsure:

20180423_101412.thumb.jpg.d0799f8fc8bb0b8ac438ed670a4ca79b.jpg

19 hours ago, Surebet said:

Good result, as a matter of interest, does your car have a full Lexus service history. 

yes it was  good result. :yahoo:

mine has full Lexus service history bar the last one, but it was not a factor in the initial  inspection by Toyota BodyShop

When Lexus came back to Toyota they wanted their own guy to inspect and he didn't ask for any paper work or service history either, Lexus said they had to do their own checks but i don't know what that means (car history check. service check etc). good thing was they both came to the same conclusion that it was manufacture defect.

I would really advise anyone who wants to see if they can get theirs done under warranty and go to Jemca Toyota in Bracknell  the guy there is called Joey and is fantastic. he said at the initial inspection that Lexus rarely come and see the car if body shop can deal with it  but Lexus wanted see my car, and he said should Lexus turn me down he would open up a complaint to Lexus on my behalf.

He told this to the Lexus inspection guy after he did the 2nd inspection :biggrin: too so he knew that  I was not going to go away lol.

Some advise needed 

I asked the body shop how much extra will be if they could spray my front bumper, it not too bad but I'm thinking  i might as well have a new front end while it getting fixed up.

my bumper is not that bad and the usual stone chips a slight and minor graze on the front but in general acceptable for the age

he quoted me a higher figure before but said as the car will be stripped and the paint will be under warranty so the only cost is labour rate to strip/sand and prim the bumper... I have negotiated it down to £144 inc VAT is this a good price????

BTW there was dent in my wing and door which he has taken out for free (I guess the wing is under warranty) and are going to also check my left headlight as it has intermittent bulb going off but when i turn it off and on again its fine for a while.

I'm not a paint shop expert but bearing in mind your'e getting the bonnet done under warranty and they also did the dents I'd go with it, the price sounds reasonable. Also a good idea to get it done at the same time I reckon.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, doog442 said:

I'm not a paint shop expert but bearing in mind your'e getting the bonnet done under warranty and they also did the dents I'd go with it, the price sounds reasonable. Also a good idea to get it done at the same time I reckon.  

Thanks for the input, I agree it will finish off the front end nicely.

Have asked them carry out the work, now will have that constant worry if it gets scratched chipped/damaged lol (bit like the brand new car owner feeling)

1 hour ago, usuf_x said:

Thanks for the input, I agree it will finish off the front end nicely.

Have asked them carry out the work, now will have that constant worry if it gets scratched chipped/damaged lol (bit like the brand new car owner feeling)

Had mine for 5 years now Yousef and I still get that new car feeling whenever I drive it.

• Like 1

The intermittent bulb...common thing. You will likely need new bulbs. See what the garage charge...but you can fairly easily do it yourself for just the cost of the bulbs (which themselves can be bought for a VASTLY reduced amount compared to Lexus folk).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

The intermittent bulb...common thing. You will likely need new bulbs. See what the garage charge...but you can fairly easily do it yourself for just the cost of the bulbs (which themselves can be bought for a VASTLY reduced amount compared to Lexus folk).

the garage said they will look at it and see if is something they can sort out for free before buying the  bulb.

however the bulb is any eye shattering £77 from dealer but they will pop it i for me as they have the car anyway so will see what they say.... surely they must be cheaper elsewhere ECP have them at £100 or so for the Phillips ones so its really varied in price.

where's the best place to buy if not from dealers?

1 hour ago, Z28DUNC said:

quick fix for the bulbs, swap them over as it makes a connection in a different place and sometimes this is the problem.

yes I had thought about doing that but tbh the bulb feels dim compared to the right  sides and slightly discoloured, im guessing the bulb is on its way out

OK so the garage has come back to me with the below  response on the intermittent bulb issue, do leave it get the bulb elsewhere or is this an acceptable rate.... 

Good afternoon,

I have had report back reference the headlamp.

We suspect that it is the bulb at fault, the part cost for this is £56.07 +VAT and I can get one for tomorrow morning.

If for any reason the bulb does not cure this fault then it is likely that the headlamp ECU is faulty.

Would you like us to go ahead with the bulb?

Kind regards
Joey

I paid about £34 each including VAT for Osram bulbs with a (I think) 3 year warranty from Andrew Page motor factors. I think they have a number of branches.
You can check if the headlamp ECU is faulty by swopping the bulbs over and seeing if the fault moves to the other side too.
Beware that there are loads of fake branded bulbs about, plenty on the Internet on that, best to buy from somewhere reputable.
HTH, Brian.

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2018 at 4:45 PM, XT5 said:

I paid about £34 each including VAT for Osram bulbs with a (I think) 3 year warranty from Andrew Page motor factors. I think they have a number of branches.
You can check if the headlamp ECU is faulty by swopping the bulbs over and seeing if the fault moves to the other side too.
Beware that there are loads of fake branded bulbs about, plenty on the Internet on that, best to buy from somewhere reputable.
HTH, Brian.

Thanks I tried them and they come up more than the dealers at £85 :w00t: 

I asked the Body Shop manager if he can  swap the bulbs over for me and test to see if the intermittent problem moves to the other side and he came back with the below response, pretty good service so far....

Morning Yousaf,

Yes we can do that, also I have checked with the parts department and the bulb is returnable so if we put a new one on and it doesn’t cure the problem we can return it and not charge you.

I will get a new one from Lexus Reading and let you know the outcome.

Kind regards
Joey

3 hours ago, usuf_x said:

Thanks I tried them and they come up more than the dealers at £85 :w00t: 

Sorry to have wasted your time....... I don't understand that price, it was only about 18 months ago that I bought mine :-(  hope you get sorted.

14 hours ago, XT5 said:

Sorry to have wasted your time....... I don't understand that price, it was only about 18 months ago that I bought mine :-(  hope you get sorted.

No worries.

Have never heard of them but good to know now and possibly use in the future. Though  I didn't ask if it was their cheapest or an alternative bulb the guy just gave me a price then went on to say that the BMW ones are around  £150+.

Hopefully they have sorted it not heard anything back on it but the car should be ready for  Tuesday fingers crossed 

why oh why are these specific bulbs so ridiculously expensive ???

Over the past 2/3 years I have had to replace headlight bulbs on mine ( from originals ) and they cost about £6 each :winkiss: 

Malc

6 hours ago, KayCee said:

I too need a headlight bulb was thinking of some Osram night breakers at 54 each but they look difficult to change,

are they ?

Robert

They are quite fiddly. Plus you can't touch them, I wore some rubber gloves so I didn't damage them. I seem to remember having to move the windscreen washer pipe out of the way too, one bolt not hard. 

Good news car is ready for pick up tomorrow:yahoo:

it was a faulty bulb in the end apparently so they changed it over too... saves me the headache i guess (until the other side decides to go off lol)

The Yaris is fine as a local car  but cant wait for some power under my feet.

I worked out the Yaris saves me about £5/£7 a week (doing the same commute/ route to work/school and general driving) so its impressive what the GS does for such a large car

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Z28DUNC said:

They are quite fiddly. Plus you can't touch them, I wore some rubber gloves so I didn't damage them. I seem to remember having to move the windscreen washer pipe out of the way too, one bolt not hard. 

I didn't even do this - but I did get some scratches on the hands :) Just had to 'feel my way' a little - a good inspection lamp helps. Wouldn't recommend a phone torch like I used as you could end up dropping it in the engine bay area. And that by the way is a REAL PITA to retrieve ;)