Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

6 hours ago, Normski said:

Looks fab! Always liked silver.

Is the lighting  also all good??

Thanks.

Yes the lighting seems to have been solved it's  not going out, so far so good I guess.

Update on this....

I had spotted a few imperfections...it was difficult to tell due to the dull weather but when the sun was out and  I was cleaning the car I started to notice very small and very minor grit type marks in the paintop and under  the lacquer. ...

Then when  I found one I saw more lol on the bumper and on wing.

Went back to them and they agree and is booked in again to get it ALL redone again...I have expressed that I don' want a Yaris lol so when they find me a larger car it' going back

They also said they will fix  up another small dent and a chip on the lower wing  for free....

It doesn't effect the warranty in any way...fingers crossed it better this time...

Will put up some pictures of what I'm seeing

At least they are willing to sort. I'm actually quite surprised - I thought they would argue this. Bonus that they are looking at the other things FOC too :thumbsup:

Thanks yes the guy there "Joey" is really helpful and friendly,  once I had shown him one he spotted more himself, it was clearly not in one place but sporadic through out the bonnet and bumper....

He apologised and clearly its a defect with the workmanship and yes the other FOC stuff is a bonus  I guess he needs to make up for the hassle. though where do i stand in terms of compensation due this hassle, do I have a leg to stand on or just ask him and see what he can do?

Atm waiting on them to let me know when i can take it back in (car dependant, i was adamant i didn't want a small car again😠)

The importance of a tack cloth and pre paint!

I would ask him if he would just cover the fuel as he is doing the other work FOC.

I know it's hassle but I have to say fair play for Lexus fixing the bonnet in the first place under the 12 year warranty. If I remember you paid for the bumper as it's plastic and so not covered. You have built up a relationship with the dealer and If it was me I wouldn't be to bothered if he said no to some fuel.

James:thumbsup:

Hi all.

Yousaf i myself would let it go regarding compensation they are doing some extra work FOC and they are not making a big issue out off it just saying will be sorted that to me is enough and they will be giving you a free courtesy car.

Just my view looks ok what they did just the marks which will be sorted out was it a new bonnet they fitted by the way.

65mike

Thanks for the input.

Michal  yes it was a new bonnet fitted under warranty...I was very impressed with the service and support from them, I went only knowing that lexus gave 12 year corrosion warranty and with only a few month lefts I thought they would turn me down but it helps I guess if the body shop supprt your claim. 

I was only asking as I wasn't  sure where I stood  on compensation....I have no issues with the dealer I'm glad they are sorting it without any hassle. Infact he offered to do the other extras. ...

Will update when I get more information or when they call me back.

I'd suggest if anyone is pondering the idea give it àgo, I have read other members have not been successful.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so the cars gone back

And they went through the bonnet and bumper with fine tooth comb with  a pink pen and highlighted the spot''

As you  can see there were loads..

20180521_093228.thumb.jpg.ad6936a0b96c999175a341b69e332f92.jpg20180521_093307.thumb.jpg.8669cead0477d7866d628104abab14f9.jpg20180521_093218.thumb.jpg.0b78d802414a27d1869f4a75e374f542.jpg