Hi guys

looking for advice

i have Lexus IS 220d SEL

when accelerating I notice the car hesitates for a second 

any ideas?

As always thanks for the responses

excellent owners site

Something new Colin

did a full service but didn’t change the fuel filter not sure if this can contribute to the problem

its been happening past 3/4 months

Hi,

You say the EGR Valve was cleaned, but how long ago was that?

The reason I ask is that I had a noticeable hesitation around 2500-3500rpm which disappeared when I cleaned mine.

The other possibility is the DPF.

Have you taken the car out for a blast recently?  If not, it is recommended at least 20 minutes above 2000rpm to give it a good clean out.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Have you taken the car out for a blast recently?  If not, it is recommended at least 20 minutes above 2000rpm to give it a good clean out.

Not sure if that applies to Lexus, but for some makes they specifically state it should be above 50MPH and in 4,5,6th gears for DPF to start regen. Obviously, other option is to force regen. - I am sure somebody can advice how to do it.

• Thanks 1

Egr was cleaned a fortnight ago as part of the service

dpf is not the issue I know that definitely 

how can you tell if mad sensor is faulty I have no warnings or codes on diagnostic machine

dontvwant to pay over the odds at garage if it’s not faulty

If you disconnect the MAF the ECU will default to a predetermined "average" setting. Drive the car and see if there is any improvement. If there is, this points to your MAF being faulty or dirty. If there is no improvement in the way the car drives you can rule out the MAF.

Hope this helps.

Dec. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Beamish said:

If you disconnect the MAF the ECU will default to a predetermined "average" setting. Drive the car and see if there is any improvement. If there is, this points to your MAF being faulty or dirty. If there is no improvement in the way the car drives you can rule out the MAF.

Hope this helps.

Dec. 

Thanks Beamish

i will try that

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem mounth ago, it was problem with vrv valve. I had a lag for a sec, i replace it to mine old "farting" vrv and problem solved. Couple days ago i bought new one and lex is driving without problems.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnmiz2qisEJe_VTxhWGql