Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Drivers Side Door/Wing Mirror

I want to replace my drivers side door/wing mirror, the colour is Dark Grey Mica 1G0.

Are their any good breakers yards that any of you have used in the past, they seem to be like hens teeth to find, the colour is not hard and fast as I can paint it to the right colour if required.

29 minutes ago, acer54 said:

Yes, their is only one at present in silver without the mirror glass, was hoping to get a complete one.

I'm sure there must be more available but it's a bit of a strange process to go through if you've not done it before. First, search eBay for anyone breaking RX300 or 400h (the 400h is built on the same body so parts should fit, especially parts like this). 

You then ring them to see if they have what you want. If they have one and you're happy with the price, they will then list that specific part and email you a link to the listing, where you then 'Buy It Now' as normal.

1 hour ago, acer54 said:

Am I right in thinking that the RX300 mirror is identical to the RX400h mirror?

I can't guarantee it because I've only had the 300, not a 400h. However, as I said above, the 400h is built on the same body as the 300, so I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't identical.

35 minutes ago, acer54 said:

Found a one from an RX300 at a local breakers yard - an eye watering £240! And it's the wrong colour.

I wonder how much they are from the Lexus dealer?

I think Lexus charge that just for the glass.

Update.

The seller I bought the mirror off has cancelled the order stating he damaged it whilst packaging it up to send?

I've bought another one but it's the wrong colour, is the mirror casing or front (which is the colour of the car) removable so you can use another one which is the right colour?

On 25/04/2018 at 9:24 AM, acer54 said:

I want to replace my drivers side door/wing mirror, the colour is Dark Grey Mica 1G0.

Are their any good breakers yards that any of you have used in the past, they seem to be like hens teeth to find, the colour is not hard and fast as I can paint it to the right colour if required.

is this your colour

http://www.hills-motors.co.uk/breakers/vehicle-details/lexus/is/petrol/automatic/14765

22 minutes ago, SLACKBLADDER said:

You can get chrome covers for them check out eBay or Google 

Found some carbon fibre covers from a seller in Thailand, about £110.00 for the pair including postage.

If the the mirror can be dismantled I could use the cover from the old mirror on the new one which is the way I would prefer to go.

I take it you don't just require the glass itself ?

Coz if that was all you needed then there are some super stick-on's available at very low cost ............  about £20 or so

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

I take it you don't just require the glass itself ?

Coz if that was all you needed then there are some super stick-on's available at very low cost ............  about £20 or so

Malc

No it's the folding and unfolding thats not working after been hit by something.

Is their a guide to changing wing mirrors on the RX400h, mainly the removal of the interior door trim/panel?

I don't want to force and break anything whilst I'm doing the job.

Bought a replacement mirror from breakers yard, fitted it without issues but I cannot adjust the mirror position and the mirror will not fold in, I can hear the control box where the lead plugs into clicking but no movement of the mirror is evident - anyone got any ideas?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links