Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning door trim on rear doors

What do you use to remove the dirt between the rubber seal and plastic door trim on the edge of the rear doors? I tried running a finger down it and sliced my finger on the plastic trim at the bottom. Maybe Lexus should offer a special brush...

What do you use to remove the dirt between the rubber seal and plastic door trim on the edge of the rear doors? I tried running a finger down it and sliced my finger on the plastic trim at the bottom. Maybe Lexus should offer a special brush...
Cleanyourcar.co.uk and similar sites have tons of detailing brushes etc. But as said, toothbrushes are very handy as they are not scratchy and cheap.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I tried lots of things but never really found a good one. I just resorted to washing the area with a sponge (not a mit, it gets too dirty) and then using a small paint brush when dry to get rid of the dirt. Not a great design though and a real dirt trap.

So pleased I'm not the only one who encounter this problem, had only just taken pictures to post today only to see you've had a similar issue.
I used a hose pipe with an adjustable spray to jet,
I found it was hardest get the muck out at the bottom of the seal where it joins the hard plastic bit at the base of the door397cdf14d0449007c0cb87e1ca5b3232.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Pressure washer. Most of it can be cleaned from outside the vehicle from inside the arches. 

Rest of it using a mitt and shampoo. Rinse off with an open hose

One of the Pound shops sell a blister pack of nylon brushes, perfect for scrubbing car tyres, rubber trim and getting into the difficult areas.

Guess how much?

26 minutes ago, Verbout said:

One of the Pound shops sell a blister pack of nylon brushes, perfect for scrubbing car tyres, rubber trim and getting into the difficult areas.

Guess how much?

I passed a pound shop the other day which had a 50% sale on, so maybe 50p now!

1 hour ago, Ala Larj said:

I passed a pound shop the other day which had a 50% sale on, so maybe 50p now!

Had they changed the shop signage to comply ? :lol:

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 12:34 PM, javadude said:

If I'm being honest Chris I think it's a design fault, the door should shut air tight and not allow the muck to penetrate in?

Mine attracts far less mud in this area since I had the side-steps fitted, but it is still far from ideal.

I spray on some APC, leave for a couple of minutes, and then rinse out. Seems to work ok.