Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F UK sales

In US they don't have carbon edition - they have what is called "Performance pack". I might be wrong, but their "Performance pack" contains - CFRP roof, CFRP spoiler and TVD. Optionally, you can have "Luxury (or confort) pack" which adds ACC/PCS, sunroof and ML. Two packs are incompatible as you cannot have sunroof on CFRP roof, but you can get ML, ACC/PCS as separate options. Or you can go "Luxury pack" + TVD..

Now above can be total cra* as it is based on my memory of some old review which was talking trough the options and tested press car before release with disclaimer "spec. might change".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

That’s not a carbon. It hasn’t stopped traffic and I see no evidence of women throwing nickers at the car!

@Flytvr Yeah get that all the time as well mate in the Transit matey.........:whistling1:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flytvr said:

That’s not a carbon. It hasn’t stopped traffic and I see no evidence of women throwing nickers from the car!

Now that I can believe of a Transit!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Comedian said:

They do seem to have a different model structure over there.

They have much more choice, whereas the UK models come somewhat fully loaded.

Individual options, including the orange callipers like the GS F and multiple wheel choices, plus a bunch of different packages including:

• Premium (leather heated/vented seats, memory positions, blind spot monitor, rain-sensing wipers)
  • Performance (carbon roof and wing, plus TVD)
  • Navigation
  • All-weather (headlamp washers, heated steering wheel)

Most of the pics of the RC F in the US with a carbon hood are either imported parts or 3rd parties selling true CF hoods, not CFRP

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

That’s my point exactly. Not including it seems off. Would bot be surprised if it is £3-5k. 

BTW - not sure if you know but your photobucket signature fills the entire screen on every post with a failure message.

3 minutes ago, Comedian said:

They do a normal version. I doubt the weave is a nice as Lexus own though.

As you and I have discussed before, there’s such a big difference between different manufacturers carbon roofs and bonnets.

Personally, it’s good to know there are third party suppliers of the carbon bits, but if I had a non carbon F, there’s no way I’d be sticking Carbon parts on it. Seems a very American thing to do.

8 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Blue yonder  reckons the silver RCF-CE has now been sold. That means there are no carbons for sale in the UK on AT or Lexus used cars site.

I correct myself. There’s one RCF-CE (Silver) @ £41k. High mileage however @16,000 miles

12 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Blue yonder  reckons the silver RCF-CE has now been sold. That means there are no carbons for sale in the UK on AT or Lexus used cars site.

That is what you would expect as the summer approaches. Not too long ago there were 5 carbon ones for sale I seem to recall. 2016 plates will be getting to 3 years old soon and will be coming on to the market as well as people selling as the summer comes to an end. So I would expect more cars to be available late this year and early next year.