Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

probably asked before but Motorola Android phone not pairing

hi

i have a 2014 GS300h f sport and I cannot get my wife's phone to pair with the car 

my apple x connected in seconds but i cannot get the moto to pair i have used the settings menu on the phone and keep refreshing to no avail of signal

i dont have my phone on me whilst trying to pair and ensure that BT is off etc but still no joy

very infuriating ... anyone got their android to work etc?

I paired my Moto G 1st generation to car when first got it, my wife also paired her wileyfox. Can't remember how it was done, however my wife has since disconnected my phone from system as she could never get connected. Haven't really taken much notice as I very rarely use my mobile, especially while driving. So I know the Motorola android can be connected. Might be worth, completely deleting your apple phone and try setting up your wife's phone first to see if it is possible to connect as a lone appliance. Hope this helps.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:24 PM, usuf_x said:

Have you ensured your phone is visible too else the car will not be able to register and pair.

yup its saying its visible

On 4/26/2018 at 6:51 PM, Surebet said:

I paired my Moto G 1st generation to car when first got it, my wife also paired her wileyfox. Can't remember how it was done, however my wife has since disconnected my phone from system as she could never get connected. Haven't really taken much notice as I very rarely use my mobile, especially while driving. So I know the Motorola android can be connected. Might be worth, completely deleting your apple phone and try setting up your wife's phone first to see if it is possible to connect as a lone appliance. Hope this helps.

hi

reluctant to do it as mine is working fine! :)

but she is the main user of the car and i would like to get it setup 

i was hoping not to do this ...

Hi

For what it's worth I had similar problems with my cheap Moto E2 . When I first got the GSF the phone paired right away no problem. Then about 18 months later the car and the phone didn't want to talk to one another. After a lot of fiddling with settings I came to the conclusion that  turning Bluetooth on and off on the phone was causing the problem. Sometimes the phone said BT was on but it wasn't being seen by the car. Check that the phone can BT photos etc to your computer. If you can get it to send a photo it should be able to talk to the car. Then leave BT on permanently. I did this and the phone has paired with the car OK since. If it won't send a photo you need to fiddle with the BT settings on the phone. In my experience the Lexus BT set up is pretty robust, and the phone is more likely to be the problem.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nsxer said:

will check this out. cheers

i have a feeling its the phone ... the iphone was on in an instant

i should buy my wife a better phone! :)

she will be happy :biggrin: