Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear parking sensors

Hi I have a 2014, IS300h SE. I would like to add rear parking sensors, quote from Lexus Milton Keynes about a £1000, nearly fell off the seat laughing, anyone had them fitted using companies that fit at home,  any problems fitting to a hybrid, also the SE does not have rear folding seats, I have had this just over a week and clocked up over 700 miles, my last car was a VW Touareg with all the options and the only things I miss is parking sensors and the sat nav

Regards Jeff

On a previous car I had some cheap sensors fitted cheaply. They beeped when it was raining :rolleyes: I'd be tempted to ask around and get quality non-OEM fitted by a decent local car audio place. The sort of place that fit high end audio for young men with disposable income. I don't think I'd use someone who comes to you and tries to take your bumper off on the drive.

I'd also ring a dealer somewhere away from MK and ask for another quote to see if they are taking the mickey. Different car but Lexus Sheffield quoted me £300 fitted for genuine Lexus sensors on my 1st gen IS.

:edit: Just read this. Top of page 2. Could just be parts rather than fitted but that's a lot of labour if it is 

Lol shouldnt be that much unless they were programming it directly to the interface in the centre.

Should be around £300 for rear sensors. 

I guess the main issue you've got with the other issues is that you've opted for the SE which is the lowest trim level so doesnt come with rear folding seats etc

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I know I should have bought a better spec model, but I knew I would have been penalised for having a large diesel this year £530 tax bracket, and the other half wanting me to buy a mini, the only choice that I liked was the Lexus and that was the only model on offer

My only experience is of  fitting rear sensors to my Civic hybrid.

Kits cost about £20, and a couple of hours work. Just need to drill holes in the right place first time.  :wink3:

Core drill include in kit, sensors come colour coordinated. Just take measurements from a car with them fitted.

Took power from reversing lights. I'm not sure if there are any issues if taking power from an LED cluster.

Indicator unit went on back parcel shelf. Or if just a buzzer hide it somewhere discreet.  There's a bit more work

involved if you want a display in the front of the car. Trickiest bit can be finding somewhere discreet to hide the wires.

If you don't feel confident in doing it yourself, there are people who will come to your house and fit them.

Hi Alan, thanks for that, I have fitted sensors before, it’s the new electronics that put me off doing it my self, I do not think you can just splice in to the wiring like you use to 

regards Jeff

If you do a search for  "getting reversing sensors fitted"   the name of a nationwide company comes up.

They will fit sensors at your home for about  £150, depending on your requirements.

3 hours ago, warspoils said:

Hi Alan, thanks for that, I have fitted sensors before, it’s the new electronics that put me off doing it my self, I do not think you can just splice in to the wiring like you use to 

regards Jeff

since you have fitted them before dont let the word hybrid put you off fitting them yourself

the reverse light is still powered by 12v so just tap in to the wire for your feed.

in the centre console there is a AUX input socket via a 3.5mm jack plug so you could wire in a camera

and have it displayed on the screen in the car, just use the mode button on the steering wheel to change the source.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links