What's the best dongle and Android software to use on my Lexus RX400h without using Techstream that the dealer uses?

Would also like to check the Hybrid system as well.

2 minutes ago, acer54 said:

What's the best dongle and Android software to use on my Lexus RX400h without using Techstream that the dealer uses?

Would also like to check the Hybrid system as well.

Most decent ELM327 dongles should work.  I have a TorquePro one off amazon and use the same named software off Google Play - think it costs a fiver.  It is very good but unsure if it can check the hybrid system.  Unsure if any will do that but someone will be along to correct me.

If the dongle doesn't work then just return it under amazon's returns at their expense.

I would be very careful it's easier to go to lexus and pay 60 to 100 quid for a full Diagnosis  report if you use incorrect diagnostic equipment you could throw up problems u don't want

You won't be able to check the hybrid system using only a generic OBD2 reader, you'll need Techstream for that.

1 hour ago, Gliderpilot said:

Hybrid assistant seems to be able to do a Battery check. It's only on Google Play though.

I saw that, just trying to determine which dongle to buy.

If you give a look on Hybrid Assistant site they suggest which dongles are best. I use a Icar2 Vgate that works fine without being too expensive.

I've decided to invest in Techstream as it will do everything that is needed, initially more money but pretty much bullet proof when you are using it.

53 minutes ago, acer54 said:

I've decided to invest in Techstream as it will do everything that is needed, initially more money but pretty much bullet proof when you are using it.

£20 off Ebay with software and dongle

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 1:15 PM, acer54 said:

did u buy the whole package or just a week or more access?