Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Embarrassing texts

So, there I was with my automatic text read out function on, and someone sends me an embarrassing text. So I let it play, I'm o my own in the car. But it's still there and anyone passenger who hits the right buttons can play it too. Looking at the list of texts, they go way back to previous phones!!!

Is there no way to clear text messages which seem to have been locally stored somewhere?! Or is it that they can be read out because I haven't deleted them on my phone?

I'm sure you can delete texts from the car. Trouble is tho that next time your phone connects to your car all texts are there again. Best to delete from your phone.

Can only say for my 2016 Premium system but there is no option to locally delete SMS.

One can toggle automatic transfer from the phone though, so perhaps toggle this off (if applicable to your system/year), presumably only new SMS, received whilst connected, will be available in the car system?

19 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Can only say for my 2016 Premium system but there is no option to locally delete SMS.

One can toggle automatic transfer from the phone though, so perhaps toggle this off (if applicable to your system/year), presumably only new SMS, received whilst connected, will be available in the car system?

That is probably the issue, thanks!

In my Premium Nav system it's under message settings in the telephone section.

Press menu, select Setup then Telephone then message settings. option 2 is enable message readout

20 hours ago, Morepower said:

Can you enable this to work with an iPhone 6s? Mine will read an android phone but not my iphone

You need to allow the phone to send the messages. Within your phone go to settings > Bluetooth > tap i against the Lexus device > turn on 'Show Notifications'

Even when set up it seems to be very hit and miss. It can be working fine and then stop working for months before starting to work again. I've had this issue with different Iphone models, on my IS300h (on 3 different Nav firmware versions, GS F, and my wife's Prius.