Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Started my 250 yesterday, first time for a while ( about 6 weeks) and got a ' Check VSC ' warning along with too many lights for comfort. So turned it off and started it again...all fine and dandy now with no money lights on.

So today connected up TechStream and had a look to see if anything was awry, can't confess to being an expert in the use of this software and always double check before I 'click' on anything. 

Like I said no lights on now but did find this error reported and took a screenshot below, 

Question 1, why is the MIL not currently on if this error is present like it says it is?  

Question 2 do I really have a faulty wheel speed sensor as one screenshot is stating RL And the error ( C0210  ) states Rear Speed Sensor RH Circuit.

Question 3 A Rear Right speed sensor can be got for about £25 Here but doing some reading owners have replaced this sensor only for fault to still be present!

Question 4 the line in the screenshot that states 'number of ignition on' = 31,  is that the number of times the car has been started since the'fault' first occurred?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

warnings typically clear if the fault goes away for three consecutive ignition cycles. I'd put it down as a spurious error unless it comes back.

Q4 - yes I believe that is the ignition count since the fault occurred and the freeze frame data was stored.

Thanks guys, I too was hoping it was just a hiccup as it was fine after the initial start up. I will go back and reset so I have a clean starting point and obviously keep an eye on things.

note: one thing I did do recently was retro fit LED lamps for the interior and boot area but I don't recall starting the engine back then as it did not take too long and I am always cautious about Battery drainage with car doors open for a long time ( hopefully not fitted out with low draw LED's everywhere I can relax). I can't see how this might remotely connected to the C0210 error but hey fingers crossed.

it's gonna get a run out on Sunday as I am taking my 19 year old son to Mallory Park for a Super Car Track Day.

paul m.

Update... Went out just now ( 10pm) and reset the C0210 and then went for a 'drive cycle' as they say, upon return when checking with TechStream yes the C 'error' is no longer showing. :) but, and there is always a but, now have two new errors showing in the Air Conditioner section!!!!!!  Namely B1421 & B2424 reporting as 'Solar Sensor Circuit Passenger & Driver side respectively. Right, bit of googling later and it turns out that if you check/monitor this ECU in very reduced ambient light (Darkened garage or 10 O'Clock at night!) then the solar sensors will report out of normal range and consequently an error code appears. Pheww that's the sort of errors I like dealing with!

This is what put my mind at rest, but will obviously check again when (if) the Sun comes out!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/maintenance/360878-any-ideas-about-these-error-codes.html

https://www.obd-codes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1540

And https://www.justanswer.com/lexus/1jq95-hi-lexus-ls430-year-2004-i-recently-purchased.html

paul m.

26 minutes ago, Texas said:

Namely B1421 & B2424 reporting as 'Solar Sensor Circuit Passenger & Driver side respectively. Right, bit of googling later and it turns out that if you check/monitor this ECU in very reduced ambient light (Darkened garage or 10 O'Clock at night!) then the solar sensors will report out of normal range and consequently an error code appears. Pheww that's the sort of errors I like dealing with!

Yes, it expects the sensors to be in daylight.

Update...

Can confirm that checking the Air Conditioner ECU in daylight I now get values of 80 & 70 for the driver & passenger solar sensors respectively with no DTC codes showing whereas at night when the values were 2 & 1 codes B1421 & B2424 were reported as Current.

hopefully this post will help in any future searches for these codes.

paul m.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links