Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

air compressor burble noise

jaffer

hi there,

getting noises from the air suspension compressor when i start the car or when the suspension needs adjusting, have ordered the 3 bushes from toyota for £3 plus vat each.

I have read on some forums that it isnt always those bushes. 

can anyone shed some light on this please

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm keen to keep this topic active as 1) I'd like to know more about these cheap bushes that you have ordered (link please?) and 2) I also get a noise when starting my car and attributed it to the air slots e.g. like when you move the direction to feet/slots/windscreen.

Listening to the front right side of my LS430 which is where I believe the air compressor for the suspension is sited I hear more of a low pitched whine rather than a burble.

Can you be sure it's the suspension air compressor? and is it that this particular noise is a sign of things about to fail? 

1 hour ago, DaKa said:

I'm keen to keep this topic active as 1) I'd like to know more about these cheap bushes that you have ordered (link please?) and 2) I also get a noise when starting my car and attributed it to the air slots e.g. like when you move the direction to feet/slots/windscreen.

Listening to the front right side of my LS430 which is where I believe the air compressor for the suspension is sited I hear more of a low pitched whine rather than a burble.

Can you be sure it's the suspension air compressor? and is it that this particular noise is a sign of things about to fail? 

I once took an LS430 suspension compressor apart simply because I was curious to see how it worked.  What surprised me was the simplicity of it.  The reservoir has a filter built in but the rest is basic.  It has a small piston (which appeared to be plastic) with a piston ring like any compressor. I connected it to a Battery and it was very loud out of the car as you would expect. The burble isn't always the bushes but wear in the cylinder which doesn't necessarily mean imminent failure.  Replacing the bushes is easy once the drivers side wheel and arch liner is removed.  My last LS430 had the burble whenever it kicked in, but after two years it hadn't worsened.  When you switch to "high" you'll hear it kick in, some noise is normal, after all, it's a compressor. Look on eBay at LS430 suspension pump bushes and you'll find them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links