Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf Lexus Cheltenham DG15 WRO

51 minutes ago, Tfp said:

Two years is a long time for a dealer to keep a car in stock, do you know what sort of price they were advertising it for?

Are the carbon editions harder to sell?

found this, don't know the date though

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lexus/other-models/lexus-rc-f-coupe-500-5-0-carbon-2dr-auto-2015-65/7798657

• Like 1

@Tfp All the ‘F’ cars are hard to sell quickly....... it seems almost irrespective of mileage and condition. For people who know the Lexus Marque and have had a V8 ‘F’ car before the decision is again it seems relatively easy.

Newcomers from say BMW or Audi probably need more convincing and the rubbish motoring journalists out there of whom there are many don’t help, depending which German manufacturers pocket they get paid from strong words but frequently true.

As regards the Carbon being more difficult to sell I’m not so sure but I guess they add another complexity to the buyers decision to purchase.

Big Rat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Given that Lexus states:

As the CFRP parts may change color if they are exposed to ultraviolet rays for extended periods of time, Lexus recommends that your vehicle be stored in a place where it will not be exposed to direct sunlight

I'm surprised they sell any in the UK given our fine weather......no hang on, I've got that wrong. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tfp said:

Two years is a long time for a dealer to keep a car in stock, do you know what sort of price they were advertising it for?

Are the carbon editions harder to sell?

I will add that when I bought my RC-F, I wasn't actively looking to replace the IS-F. Having been up close to a standard RC-F, I wasn't blown away. When I came across my carbon, it truly was a jaw dropping moment. I enjoy looking at the car so much that sometimes I'll just sit in the garage with a cup of coffee and admire the carbon fibre. It's beautiful. If you are the type to enjoy detailing cars, there's a good chance you'll be fixated with carbon.

Of course, these things are always subjective, but I don't foresee any problems selling mine when the time comes. With only single figure white RC-F carbons out there, it shouldn't be too hard to trade it / find a buyer. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the exclusivity. I've seen getting on for 10 RC-Fs on the road - none of them were carbon editions.

• Like 3

@Tfp I've trolled through my pics of Rcf's on forecourts and that particular car YE65 ZGL was certainly at  Guilford 16 months ago and I see as well that it had 3 owners in quite quick succession.

Earliest price I saw for it was £45.5k that was a while back.

This also probably doesn't help a 8k miles car, outstanding recalls to boot on MOT site.

Big Rat

28 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Given that Lexus states:

I'm surprised they sell any in the UK given our fine weather......no hang on, I've got that wrong. 

Who knows how much of this is belt and braces coverage by Lexus. Time will tell, but the likes of the M3, the LFA and many other cars use CF and don't seem to suffer.

It doesn't cost much to protect the car, and having had a look around several RC-F's I'd thoroughly recommend protecting the bonnet, carbon or metal! You'd be mad not to :wink3:

Finally, if I couldn't keep my car in a garage, I wouldn't bother having a 'nice' car - but that is just me.

8 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Why in quote marks? 

To emphasise my acknowledgment of the fact that everybody has different views on what a nice car is.

For me, my old ISF and my RC-F  were/are nice cars, and hence they are garage queens that I cherrish. They cost too much money for me to leave them exposed to the elements. With a larger wealth, maybe I wouldn’t  be so anal about garaging.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links