Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What will ES offer that IS doesn't?

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Don't you have F badges on your front wings? :tongue:

F-Sport badges, get it right Colin......

Nowadays even the BMW 118d M-Sport's have little M badges everywhere - atleast Lexus decided to stick to F-Sport rather than F badges!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

The LS isn't really about profit per se, but indeed about being the flagship. It exists so that, from CT to RX, we can all say we drive the same brand as Harvey in Suits gets driven about in... :)

Yes.. but that would be true about any other car then... "we keep GS, just for sake of matching 5-Series and we will introduce RC350, just for sake of providing middle ground and alternative for BMW440i ohh and LX just as flagship SUV etc. etc.."

I must admit to slight embarrassment upon feeling the need to explain, as politely as I can whenever asked,  that the F wing-badges on my RC do not mean  

that the car is is an RC-F or that I am trying pass it off as one.  As a matter of fact, not being fond of an excess of badges in general, mainly because they

are superfluous to design lines, I toyed with the idea of having these removed along with the HYBRID skirt-lettering, but finally decided to keep them if only

in the interests of OEM originality.

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

Nowadays even the BMW 118d M-Sport's have little M badges everywhere - at least Lexus decided to stick to F-Sport rather than F badges!

M badges on non-M (ie M3, M5) BMWs used to be an excellent way of identifying a certain type of individual. It was even discussed at length on the BMW forums and said individuals were singled out for ridicule by owners of regular SEs and M Sports who thought it was all a bit silly. Then BMW started fitting them at the factory and the world burned. Now you have to ask BMW not to add them when you order a new car...

I am not sure if that was mentioned yet, but one massive thing is that ES will have AppleCarPlay support, sadly no word about Android Auto... so finally some reasonable sat nav from Lexus.

I personally, just hope similar features will become available on other models or even provided with software updates, I don't care that much crApple support, but having Android auto or not would be massive consideration for me. 

image.png.746a74a8a10c24a61a98f31b5060de43.png

9 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I am not sure if that was mentioned yet, but one massive thing is that ES will have AppleCarPlay support, sadly no word about Android Auto... so finally some reasonable sat nav from Lexus.

I do hope so but so far I've only seen announcements from Toyota and Lexus in the US, and they have different infotainment systems compared to Europe.

12 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Different hardware or software? Because later can be cracked and made to work anywhere... 

Historically different hardware because the US has Satellite Radio, Lexus Enform, Remote app, HomeLink plus other differences.

They could start to use a common hardware platform and use software for regional differences. Even then, Lexus is niche so there won't be a large hacking community in Europe to try and get it to work.

You forgetting Russia... hackers country and one of biggest markets in Europe. As long as Lexus releases the software somewhere, then it is relatively easy to crack it in comparison of developing something like apple car Play from scratch.. 

According to Lexusenthusiast Lexus sees the core competition for the new ES in the 3 series, A4, C class, cadillac ATS, Infinity Q50.

the car will be priced below the GS that will be discontinued.

So, here is the million dollar question:  Will THE ES REPLACE THE GS AND THE IS ???

2 saloons only? ES and LS, rest is SUV and coupes??? 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 9:31 AM, rich1068 said:

M badges on non-M (ie M3, M5) BMWs used to be an excellent way of identifying a certain type of individual. It was even discussed at length on the BMW forums and said individuals were singled out for ridicule by owners of regular SEs and M Sports who thought it was all a bit silly. Then BMW started fitting them at the factory and the world burned. Now you have to ask BMW not to add them when you order a new car...

there are certain features that you can add only on M Sport guise

For instance the M Brakes.

it is good value overall

20 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

According to Lexusenthusiast Lexus sees the core competition for the new ES in the 3 series, A4, C class, cadillac ATS, Infinity Q50.

the car will be priced below the GS that will be discontinued.

So, here is the million dollar question:  Will THE ES REPLACE THE GS AND THE IS ???

Dont think so, its bloody massive and some people don't want that. The IS sells pretty well in Europe and USA so it'd be stupid to get rid of it.

21 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

That would depend on sales. Ford have announced they are ceasing development on all saloon cars for the US market, except for the Mustang, due to lack of demand. However I think the ES will be too big for most people in Europe and so the IS will need to remain if they want a saloon model in the lineup. 

On 05/05/2018 at 3:16 PM, ColinBarber said:

Not sure I'm a fan of the horns on the top of the instrument cluster - sadly it appears to be something Lexus are keen on as the UX has them too.

I agree. Not only do they look tacky they're also not so practical. The sport knob on my GS is situated perfectly near my left arm and easy to operate quickly without looking. For me the horn is just a tad out of reach meaning I have to take my hand off the wheel to use. Not that ergonomic. Reminds me of the indicator switch on the Citroen CX.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links