Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How far did you travel to view or buy your F?

Currently I'm trying to be patient waiting for the "right" RCF to come up for sale..

One possible option appeared on AT @ Audi Aberdeen which is unfortunately 351miles/5hrs 30min from me according to Google maps:wallbash:...

So just out of interest how far did you travel to view or buy yours?

• Like 1

I'd go anywhere in the UK for the right car, it's only a day at the most in travel and the cost of a train ticket/flight.

I'm sure the Audi garage would come and collect you from the airport/station.

The furthest I've traveled is Cambs to Aberdeen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

Currently I'm trying to be patient waiting for the "right" RCF to come up for sale..

One possible option appeared on AT @ Audi Aberdeen which is unfortunately 351miles/5hrs 30min from me according to Google maps:wallbash:...

So just out of interest how far did you travel to view or buy yours?

F number 1 - 40 miles

F number 2 - 100 miles

If you have a good relationship with your local Lexus dealer, see if they can buy the car on your behalf.

• Like 3

@Bluethunder Nean I can’t remember if you were interested in the White one that went through BCA near me last week but Lexus Cheltenham have it on sale now.

There is a thread running on it now.

As regards travelling, the simple answer is I believe it’s a must, I bought mine in January from Cheltenham which is only an hour from home near Clevedon Somerset but at the time I was actually at Lexus Hatfield the same day looking at another.

If you have some in mind on sale at the moment feel free to pm me if you want any information on there past.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Edinburgh to Birmingham for me. As others have mentioned, I'm willing to travel anywhere for the right car as it's going to be with me for a while.  Depends on the car too mind, don't think I'd travel far for an Astra or Focus.

(If I was after a Focus I'd be driving to the psychiatric unit, not the forecourt!!)

Marcus

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Bluethunder Nean I can’t remember if you were interested in the White one that went through BCA near me last week but Lexus Cheltenham have it on sale now.

There is a thread running on it now.

As regards travelling, the simple answer is I believe it’s a must, I bought mine in January from Cheltenham which is only an hour from home near Clevedon Somerset but at the time I was actually at Lexus Hatfield the same day looking at another.

If you have some in mind on sale at the moment feel free to pm me if you want any information on there past.

Big Rat

Hi Paul, I saw the thread but white is not a preferred colour for me. Do you have any info on sk66kge ?

• Like 1

125 miles to get my F.

I travelled 150 miles to get my IS300h a few years ago, and 180 miles before then for my RX400h. Both purchased without seeing them first, other than pictures etc.

When I sold my Supra TT, the person who purchased it flew down from Scotland. That would have been a good 400+ miles drive back for him.

• Like 1

@Bluethunder Nean I’ve had a good look through all my stuff and I can’t find a thing, curious to see that it has Carbon Spec wheels on it that’s a first I’ve seen.

@ColinBarber Colin can put the build spec up on here for you, I’ll pm you my mobile if you want a natter there are a number of cars on sale at the moment that you may want to know about.

Big Rat

• Like 1

ISF 3 miles to Lexus Stockport. They kept a lookout for me for a mint one coming into the dealer network. Paid deposit as soon as they rang and it lived up to all my expectations.

• Like 1

As an X silver F owner, I’d be careful buying a silver F car - probably the least popular colour.

In the flesh an ISF is arguably the best colour. Silver RCF in the flesh (IMHO) doesn’t work.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

As an X silver F owner, I’d be careful buying a silver F car - probably the least popular colour.

In the flesh an ISF is arguably the best colour. Silver RCF in the flesh (IMHO) doesn’t work.

I'd agree that an RCF in silver isn't impressive.  Having looked at one at Lexus Edinburgh I was underwhelmed. Same reason I'm not keen on the silver ISF personally 

RCF's need to be shouty!

I can't find any pictures of it, so probably wasn't a press car.

It is an Edinburgh license plate

Silver Sonic 1J2 colour code.

It does have the ML stereo - the ad suggests it doesn't but you can see the logo on the interior picture and the build spec confirms it, but none of the other options (sunroof, TVD, PCS/ACC).

Spec-0a03d0e4-d586-4cce-8348-8986dcf0bd82.pdf

• Like 2

Travelling for an F seems to be the norm, with so few of them, unless you are lucky 😉.

Bought ISF from Lexus Leeds & travelled up from Essex by train & drove it back. It was such low mileage example I had already put a refundable deposit on the car, which I haven’t ever done before. So I was pretty sure I was buying it having watched the market for such a long time before hand for the right car.

Bought RCF from Lexus Swindon, so couple of trips from Essex to view then pick up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I'd agree that an RCF in silver isn't impressive.  Having looked at one at Lexus Edinburgh I was underwhelmed. Same reason I'm not keen on the silver ISF personally 

RCF's need to be shouty!

This has put the cat among the pigeons! Having second thoughts now on silver... I need to see one in the flesh..

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

This has put the cat among the pigeons! Having second thoughts now on silver... I need to see one in the flesh..

If possible try and see different colours side by side. 

I don't own an F but when looking at purchasing my RC-F Sport I test drove a Sonic Red (with black interior, not to my taste...) but they also had a silver one waiting to be collected. The red next to the silver was like looking at two different models!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I can't find any pictures of it, so probably wasn't a press car.

It is an Edinburgh license plate

Silver Sonic 1J2 colour code.

It does have the ML stereo - the ad suggests it doesn't but you can see the logo on the interior picture and the build spec confirms it, but none of the other options (sunroof, TVD, PCS/ACC).

Spec-0a03d0e4-d586-4cce-8348-8986dcf0bd82.pdf

@ColinBarberI think your right Colin it's not on my 'press list ' and no photos in my little data base...... @Bluethunder Nean so far so good it just leaves the colour......shall I shan't I........your right matey need to stand in front of one 👍

🐀

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

There are a couple of carbons in silver about, or maybe just go and look at a standard RC in silver to get an idea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

If possible try and see different colours side by side. 

I don't own an F but when looking at purchasing my RC-F Sport I test drove a Sonic Red (with black interior, not to my taste...) but they also had a silver one waiting to be collected. The red next to the silver was like looking at two different models!

Bingo. EXACTLY how I felt seeing a silver RCF-C against mine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links