Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What do you fancy AFTER your RC-F?

In SILVER?? :w00t:

Very nice cars but have heard many a horror story, wouldn't want to be reliant on one. Even parked up they can suffer a mechanical breakdown...

My choice ..

Toyota-Concet-I.jpg

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I’ll kick it off -

5853A90A-4FD0-40D3-AE36-53E4D20322BA.png

Love those. The goal as it stands is the new Aston Martin vantage but if my daughter still fits in a coupe that will have to wait and plans will change. No point having a beautiful 2 seater sitting in the garage. 

14 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Very nice cars but have heard many a horror story, wouldn't want to be reliant on one. Even parked up they can suffer a mechanical breakdown...

My choice ..

Toyota-Concet-I.jpg

I don't even know what that is!!

It's either a coffin or s*x toy (or both)

• Haha 3

I was holding out for the new Supra but the lack of info from the dealership really annoyed me.

And I learnt that the hot version would come out later so I'd have had a much longer wait.

The RC-F just happened to grab my attention when I went to look at a Mustang, and I love rare cars.

I might not replace the RC when it goes, I may just stick to my modern classic.

31235039_831483537060602_8918358436043816960_o.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tfp said:

I was holding out for the new Supra but the lack of info from the dealership really annoyed me.

And I learnt that the hot version would come out later so I'd have had a much longer wait.

The RC-F just happened to grab my attention when I went to look at a Mustang, and I love rare cars.

I might not replace the RC when it goes, I may just stick to my modern classic.

31235039_831483537060602_8918358436043816960_o.jpg

That there is pretty much all you need for fun on the public roads. I used to own a Z4 3.0 - loved it.

• Like 1

My choice ..
Toyota-Concet-I.jpg&key=2ea350f5b581fd4f7fd7c3d21b0692142c44563e9096326ae29fbd3850492e4e
A lady shave?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

As much as I love my rc it does come with certain frustrations of having to share crappy roads with other people. I'd probably trade it in for an rx of similar value. I don't have much interest in expensive exotic cars. I like mine because it's just a big toyota. Nothing too complex.

3 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

I don't even know what that is!!

It's either a coffin or s*x toy (or both)

28-toyota-concept-i-1.jpg

27-toyota-concept-i-1.jpg

31-toyota-concept-i-1.jpg

Toyota's self-driving, emotion reading, speaking concept car...

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/16/toyota-to-test-self-driving-talking-concept-i-car-by-about-2020/#slide-4333622

Being totally honest it's my idea of motoring hell :wallbash: but as I'm getting on in life :wheelchair: it might be all I can manage by then..

Must say I've spotted one of these round our way and quite taken with the car, going back to real driving :yes:

At least I'd find it in the car park!

2018-toyota-86-performance-pack-coupe-re

• Like 1

Must say I've spotted one of these round our way and quite taken with the car, [/img]

My daughter wants one as her next car. Made me slightly proud. For me the engine is disappointing but do love them. A 300hp one would have seen me in one I think.

1 minute ago, Comedian said:

My daughter wants one as her next car. Made me slightly proud. For me the engine is disappointing but do love them. A 300hp one would have seen me in one I think.

I think they have it about right, power wise. Great engine to wind up through the gears and one can exploit the power 90% of the time, makes it feel a lot faster than it truly is.

Having had the AMG with awesome amounts of power on tap, it did tend to make a lazy drive unless one travelled at hyper-sonic speeds

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I think they have it about right, power wise. Great engine to wind up through the gears and one can exploit the power 90% of the time, makes it feel a lot faster than it truly is.

Having had the AMG with awesome amounts of power on tap, it did tend to make a lazy drive unless one travelled at hyper-sonic speeds

No matter of power will do you any good if you’re on the back of an AA lorry 😂

AMG GT will look Good broken down or not however 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

No matter of power will do you any good if you’re on the back of an AA lorry 😂

AMG GT will look Good broken down or not however 😀

Toyota GT86 has a very good reliability reputation

In the very unlikely event of a problem at least it won't cost the equivalent of the GDP of a small nation to fix!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

In the very unlikely event of a problem at least it won't cost the equivalent of the GDP of a small nation to fix!

I so wanted to love the GT86 when it was released, I've had three AE86's in the past.

Fun in the right conditions of course, they'll teach you how to hang the tail out even at a slow speed on a wet roundabout.

But ultimately it really was too slow, they really should have given it a bit more power.l

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I was referring to your Merc 

• Confused 1

Having test driven the AMG GT, I can tell you that while it is very good you could save yourself about £35K and get an LC500. They give much the same feel when driving and the LC looks better. The AMG is not pretty and the nose is just too long for my liking.

the new Aston Martin Vantage does not look as good as the old version and Aston build quality will be a bit of a let down if you have had a Lexus. :wink3:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

I was referring to your Merc 

Doh!!

Even so, over 20k miles of my ownership of the AMG my biggest cost was fuel, then tyres. Only one mechanical problem, failed wheel bearing covered under warranty. :wink3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

Having test driven the AMG GT, I can tell you that while it is very good you could save yourself about £35K and get an LC500. They give much the same feel when driving and the LC looks better. The AMG is not pretty and the nose is just too long for my liking.

the new Aston Martin Vantage does not look as good as the old version and Aston build quality will be a bit of a let down if you have had a Lexus. :wink3:

Interesting. 

I’ve not driven an AMG GT, but have driven both varities of the LC. The one thing I reckon the AMG would have over the LC is torque.

I also prefer the look of the Merc 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Doh!!

Even so, over 20k miles of my ownership of the AMG my biggest cost was fuel, then tyres. Only one mechanical problem, failed wheel bearing covered under warranty. :wink3:

Oh and ..

Dynamic seat pump @ £1000

New headlamps @ £1800

Engine mounts @ £600

Front torque arms and bushes @ £500

4x brake hoses and alarm siren @ £600

Passenger window motor @ £300

Transmission electro-plate and ball joint @ £600

:whistling:

(3 services at my MB indie totalling £1800)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2