Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What do you fancy AFTER your RC-F?

21 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Interesting. 

I’ve not driven an AMG GT, but have driven both varities of the LC. The one thing I reckon the AMG would have over the LC is torque.

I also prefer the look of the Merc 

Although you are correct about the torque from the turbocharged AMG engine, the LC500 compensates by changing down sooner and using the power at higher revs to achieve similar performance. As the Lexus gearbox is so quick and smooth, you really don't notice much difference in response.

I have to agree that the LC is very "styled" and won't please all tastes.

I test drove a few different fancy coupes to see what to get to replace the DB9.

- Porsche 911. Everyone and his dog has one but it is very competent and has the "tough" build feel.

- BMW 650 - It drives like a 5 series (which is not bad) but it didn't inspire me very much.

- Jag F-Type - Just too ugly. JLR reliability and quality is questionable.

- Aston Martin V8V (Old type) - Drives like a more sporting DB9. Ride is not too good. Average quality and £115K for a reasonable spec.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Although you are correct about the torque from the turbocharged AMG engine, the LC500 compensates by changing down sooner and using the power at higher revs to achieve similar performance. As the Lexus gearbox is so quick and smooth, you really don't notice much difference in response.

I have to agree that the LC is very "styled" and won't please all tastes.

I test drove a few different fancy coupes to see what to get to replace the DB9.

- Porsche 911. Everyone and his dog has one but it is very competent and has the "tough" build feel.

- BMW 650 - It drives like a 5 series (which is not bad) but it didn't inspire me very much.

- Jag F-Type - Just too ugly. JLR reliability and quality is questionable.

- Aston Martin V8V (Old type) - Drives like a more sporting DB9. Ride is not too good. Average quality and £115K for a reasonable spec.

You can get a v8v s for 60k. Gearbox is supposed to be .... well.... slow.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 4:00 PM, NemesisUK said:

Go in style, set fire to the RC-F ..

I've not had the recall done, so it might self-immolate. 

I expect the compensation payment to my next of kin would be huge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

The Merc is broken, the rear spoiler is stuck in the up position .... (common fault)

Yeah my Girlfriends brother seem to have that "fault" with his Jag a lot as well....

5af1d47988f12_PhotofromRickyWells.thumb.jpg.3011c01f9f41339930bc4fce1982a5e8.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links