Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tesla Autopilot Banned

in 10 years time people will struggle to understand what is wrong with that..

For now.. it think it is just lack of trust in new technologies.. Not defending the driver - just saying that what is legal and what is not, what is stupid and what is smart can often depend simply on public opinion or prejudice.

In 10 years time the technology will be better but now it’s not there and any where the white lines can’t be read the car will faulter. As such, today the guy was a muppet. 

I tend to believe that regardless of how "non-perfect" technology is today, it is still better then at least 50% of human drivers in UK... appealed by my experience.. 

Today I was watching my neighbors wife parking their car... honestly I wanted for few times to offer the help, but though she would get offended. She did typical 56 point turn into simple 90 degrees parking space in empty garage. From rare chat with my neighbor I know she already crashed the car 3 times this year - minor scratches mostly, but in January she busted 2 rims and damaged whole side of the car (clipped metal fence near the entry to the roundabout), 2 doors has been replaced (it is MB B-Class). The point - she should not be driving or even sitting in the car (bad charm). That Tesla with driver in passenger seat or even without one is still safer... what is even more concerning, the neighbors wife is far from exceptional, I see such drivers every single day (especially near the schools) and thinking for myself "what the **** they doing in the car" - if you so bad at it why you doing it?!

Just before somebody going to pull sexist card, I would like to note - poor driving is not isolated to woman (what a surprise)!

Finally, I am not talking about dangerous driving and speeding - yes such drivers are on wrong side of the law and taking unnecessary risk, but more then likely they are reasonably good drivers. What scares me the most are those slow ones - you never know what they will decide and where they going to go... and why they have decided that driving by themselves is good idea at all.

Im a fan of the autopilot  and think in a few years time these will become more popular. I'd certainly love to try it but not from the passengers seat obviously.

That driver is a numpty and careless just because it drives it's self doesn't mean not to sit behind the wheel. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links