Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

P/S warning light.

US M3

P/S Warning light

Hi Guys,

Went to turn over my GS and the car would not start?

P/S warning light came on?

Disconnected negative Battery connection left it for a while then when I turned it back on the same happened again but now the outside temperature gauge in the car is not working and displays "E".

Outside temperature gauge is minor issue, why is the car not starting and P/S warning light coming on?

I have the car on charge since its been sitting up since June its on a Banner Accugard-Car 1.8A Power Charge System Battery Charger.

I have driven it a few times since its been off the road, I was only driving it 2 weeks ago and all was OK!

It doesn't even attempt to start up it seems to start and then the fan comes on and the P/S light appears?

I got multimeter and Battery all good @ 13.5volts

All fuses look OK

I got a few different OBD's and all could not even connect with the engine management system to see what the fault is?
Radio, fans, aircon and all controls still work OK.
So essentially car is not starting and engine fan turns on as soon as you attempt to start car and P/S warning light is coming on??

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Just to add car has 86k miles on it with full Lexus service history.

It also just got a new gearbox in December 2017 free of charge from Lexus dealer, but  has not been used since new gearbox went into it as I stopped using the car last June 2017.

I get into the car, turn on the ignition, when the car displays check complete on the dashboard the car actually attempts to start and then just doesn't quite get there and then the fan starts going and then after that there is just nothing every time I attempt to start it, it does not attempt to start or click the fan just comes on and the P/S Light comes on.

Any help appreciated!

@ Hadrian 

Bsttery OK according to volt meter see original post, also tried jump starting from a new Battery this didn't work either 

3 hours ago, US M3 said:

@XT5

power steering 

Thank you.  I didn't even know they had a power steering warning light!

I do hope you get your problems sorted soon.

Is it only Lexus I can get a new ECU from? Can a dealership tell previously if there is issues with the ECU i.e. In December 2017 when the dealer in question fitted a new gearbox free of charge after months of asking them to!

You would want to find one at a breakers as a new one from Lexus with probably be four figures.

I doubt it is an ECU issue though, they are normally very reliable. Possible sensor issue. Have you checked all fuses?

Hi Colin,

All fuses are OK? Do you know of any particular fuse to change that may be causing the issue?

Thanks 

Sorry I don't have a wiring diagram for your model.

Given that work was recently done on the vehicle, have you checked the wiring at the transmission and ECU to make sure everything is seated correctly?

No comms, fan blasting and no start screams ECU to me as a first thought.
I would start with what colin said, check ECU area for poor connection. I tend to drop gearbox and engine complete and take the loom with it so it could be something as simple as connector not fully locked in or a pin has been bent.
If all ok, I would check power and grounds on ECU and also EOBD port. If thats ok I would then check sensor voltage, throttle position/coolant. This will give you an idea if the ECU is outputting correct voltage.