Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone please tell me how to set the default channel on the radio on my series 4? Since I disconnescted my Battery to charge it, a different station comes on when i turn on the radio. It's not a massive inconvenience but it's a bit of an unnecessary faff finding the right station again

Hi

I have my favourite stations all set up, but when I first turn the radio on it goes to classic fm as its default setting. I want to change this so that it goes to radio 2 when I turn it on. 

1 hour ago, harrylime said:

Hi

I have my favourite stations all set up, but when I first turn the radio on it goes to classic fm as its default setting. I want to change this so that it goes to radio 2 when I turn it on. 

Sorry,Hugh, I`d leave it at Classic FM !!!!  :):):)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not aware that the radio has a default setting.

My only thought is whether you have some conflict with the AF, TA, PTY settings.

It might be that where you are Classic FM is really strong, so with the above settings out of kilter, the radio will just seek out the strongest signal regardless, or you have PTY set to 'CLASSIC', and it just goes for Classic FM.

I will admit there are times when I get confused by the combination of options, so not sure if fiddling around with those settings will get you back to radio 2 bliss.

Radio 2 varies so much, I don't think they've worked out who their target demographic listeners are. I like Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine is OK, apart from the unbelievably daft questions he sometimes asks. Steve Wright thinks he's on Radio 1 and only plays fluff and disco music, I can't even listen to him any more, he's beyond irritating

12 hours ago, harrylime said:

. Steve Wright thinks he's on Radio 1 and only plays fluff and disco music, I can't even listen to him any more, he's beyond irritating

Totally agree, I have to listen to his naff show every day as the office insists on playing it.  This is odd as most staff are way younger  than me, yet they refuse to listen to Radio 6 (or even Radio 1 extra - which would be preferable to radio 2).  However I do listen radio 2 in the evening if I get bored with Tom Ravenscroft or Annie Mac. 

What is really interesting is that my teenage kids do not ever listen to radio, so I wonder what the airwaves will be like in 20 years time when I am probably going to be shuffling off this planet (assuming I get to be 80 years young).

2 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Totally agree, I have to listen to his naff show every day as the office insists on playing it.  This is odd as most staff are way younger  than me, yet they refuse to listen to Radio 6 (or even Radio 1 extra - which would be preferable to radio 2).  However I do listen radio 2 in the evening if I get bored with Tom Ravenscroft or Annie Mac. 

What is really interesting is that my teenage kids do not ever listen to radio, so I wonder what the airwaves will be like in 20 years time when I am probably going to be shuffling off this planet (assuming I get to be 80 years young).

I remember 208 Radio Luxemberg, with Jimmyxxx, Pete Murray, Kent Walton, Barry Aldis and many many more.Radio underneath my pillow so folks wouldn`t know!

Oh Happy Days.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I remember 208 Radio Luxemberg, with Jimmyxxx, Pete Murray, Kent Walton, Barry Aldis and many many more.Radio underneath my pillow so folks wouldn`t know!

Oh Happy Days.

Fading in and out was half the fun, I also used to listen to Radio Caroline.  'Radio caroline the pirate years: Oakwood Press', is well worth a read to bring back all that nostalgia.

I think Ride A White Swan by T. Rex is my first memory of pirate radio.

• Like 1

I remember the radio under the blanket as well, more enjoyable because it was not allowed after a certain time. I think Ride a White Swan is one of the greatest songs ever recorded, it also stands the test of time.

On 02/05/2018 at 11:43 AM, royoftherovers said:

Oh Happy Days.

Yes me too.  Along with Horace Batchelor, from Keynsham Bristol., that's Keynsham spelt, K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M. :wink3:

Then there was the promotion of the Irish Hospital Sweepstake. Which turned out to be a scam on a massive scale.

I tend not to listen to much music on the radio these days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While on the subject of radio. I've been tearing out what little hair I have left, attempting to programme DAB stations into the

radio on my 2015 is300h. I seem to have managed the AM and FM memories, but DAB is a complete mystery.