Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If you have the use of some ramps then that's all you need to take the exhaust off and re-adjust yourself. I would strongly suggest you do this sooner rather than later as the bolts / connection between the boxes and centre section will rust together quite quick and will become hard to disassemble over time. The boxes are not made of the same material as the centre section and will rust quicker.

There are two bolts on the centre to box joint and there are two hangers on each box. Removal is, removing the two bolts, separating the boxes from the centre section and sliding the boxes off the hangers (WD40 is ideal to enable the boxes to come off the hanger easy)

Place the exhaust on the ground and you can easily straighten them up by eye - it will not be hard to bend them. Take the measurement between the centre of the exhaust cutouts to ensure you don't bend them too far.

You can actually bend it back into position while on the car if you had secure ramps.

I have made the rear section  which was the boxes and the connection to the centre section on my last 250 and I can tell you it is really easy to adjust ...

The box in the picture above looks like it has been bent in, carrier damage?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gentlemen, I really value the contribution you guys have made to this thread.

I should have said that although I still have the exhaust in possession, it is no longer on my car as I intend to return it.

I've been a bit occupied and haven't had a chance to research courier options.

I am not stranded as I have other cars and as such I don't need to make an effort to work with this. I'll just return it and try something else.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links