Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

11 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Has the OP actually bought the car?

YES HE HAS!!!

After a bit of back and forth over the history of the car, I went ahead...can’t wait for the 17th. I’ll update on the insurance premium tomorrow as I’ve got some time to do the ring around. Thankyou all so much for the info - looks like Adrian Flux and Keith Michaels will be the first two phone calls after I get a couple of benchmark quotes from Admiral and Direct Line for them to beat..!

• Like 4

Ouch. £1,200. With Admiral. The others couldn’t take the policy as I’m fresh out of a company car scheme, etc. Next year I’ll be able to get it down. But just gotta pay it this year and hope it comes down a bit in future years. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Ouch. £1,200. With Admiral. The others couldn’t take the policy as I’m fresh out of a company car scheme, etc. Next year I’ll be able to get it down. But just gotta pay it this year and hope it comes down a bit in future years. 

Ouch, fingers crossed it’s will come down next year 👍

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

A couple of years ago Aviva gave my missus an introductory discount, she'd been on my policy for ever so hadn't got no claims of her own.

Worth a try, they're not on comparison webistes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Sorry to hear that.

L V might also be worth a go as they accepted my wife’s named driver NCD to start a new policy of her own.  I appreciate this is not quite the same as coming from a company policy, but we were not having much luck for my wife until we phoned LV.

Might be worth a call if you haven’t already tried them.

Good luck whatever you decide on 👍🏻

• Like 1

That price was with the equivalent of 2yrs no claims discount as a new customer and some more discount for 5yrs as a named driver on my ex-wife’s car!!! 

I think combination of postcode (not great), marketing director (high risk), divorcee (high risk), new hi-performance car (high risk and unknown quantity) and lack of no claims f*cked me. Anyway - give it a year or two and it’s no problem. 

I’ve taken out the policy now, but next time I’ll call LV too. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links