Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My RC-F Carbon is arriving on the 17th, I have a couple of quotes from Confused and Admiral of c.£1,000 which is fine...but as all you guys have lived through numerous renewals and quotes I would be interested to know who you find to be cheapest. For comparison purposed I'm 40, a company director, zero points, 5 yrs no claims.

• Like 1

It going to vary based on your post code. I was quoted £800 by direct line with 0 no-claims.

I've got it in with my business insurance for £250 but would like to transfer it out to direct line once I have no claims with them. (they give 2 years after first year)

I would expect to be able to get it for about £600 in a year or so.

Your zero points might be up for review after the 17th :whistling:

Thanks it's been a while since I have had to do the 'ring round' of insurers, as I've been in a company car scheme of one sort or the other for the last 10 years...it used to be the case that Adrian Flux was cheapest for my and my friends performance cars - 200sx, various Type-R's, 911 and M3...i'm going to give them a call when i sit down to do it, but wondered if I should add any to the short list...

...as for the points situation, I'm hoping that being experienced enough to spot where the speed traps might be hiding and speed awareness courses might keep me out of trouble for a while!

• Like 1

When I rang around the usual suspects I'd used for performance cars in the past chris knott, brentacre etc I was basically told get a comparison online and we will match it, no point us giving you a price before that :/

Since i've had to make 2 claims in the last 3 years, one a non fault total loss, I now realise the benefits of using a major insurer and the hassle it can save you. Courtesy cars, child seat claims all became a massive pain taking up lots of my time. If I was with a major insurer rather than a broker it would have all been sorted in an instant. I wont be saving that £20 using a broker in the future unless its a lot cheaper due to mods etc.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

...as for the points situation, I'm hoping that being experienced enough to spot where the speed traps might be hiding and speed awareness courses might keep me out of trouble for a while!

Of course :cool:

Bit off topic but what made you go for the RC-F?

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

Of course :cool:

Bit off topic but what made you go for the RC-F?

A multitude of things...i've always loved Japanese exotica...i love how it sounds...I like the idea of owning one of the last proper NA V8 cars...i love hifi so the Mark Levinson was a draw...I worked on Lexus design and marketing years ago - so know the lengths the brand (used to at least) go to around engineering...i don't like BMW...its rare...incredibly good value...i love how it looks...i don't like the direction RS cars have gone...I couldn't afford an LC500...I definitely can't afford an LFA...this one came up and it's only done 8,000miles...there must be some more reasons...

• Like 2

I’m with Esure and pay £301 a year with 12,000 miles, I do about 3500 a year but the saving on reducing miles was minimal. Never had to claim, I argue at every renewal about premium increase as I’ve not claimed etc, etc.....so increase is normally negotiable too.

Paul

• Like 1

Adrian Flux. Make sure you call them. Seems to be around 500-700 for me, depending on the deal they can get at the time.
OK postcode. Age 30. 10+yrs no claims. No points.
Next cheapest was 1000+

• Like 1

I always use Confused.com and then look at the best few quotes in more detail. I was with More Than for  a few years until they bumped the premium by 50%

• Like 1

I went with Aviva, the online quote was £933

I called them as my existing policy was about to renew, and it changed to £473

No explanation as to why the difference.

@tomRCFcarbon Why the wait until 17th May for the car?

It can sometimes mean the car's in the bodyshop.

• Like 1

Was with Adrian Flux until my renewal came through at about £1100 (with an agreed value). Haven’t paid that for insurance since I was a teenager!! Then on cancellation matched LV - should have been more competitive in the 1st place if they could reduce the premium by that much!!

Now have 5 year gap insurance with ALA (PistonHeads) using  PISTON12 promo code was £373.  Got multicar policy with LV for both our cars - RCF being £402.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tfp said:

@tomRCFcarbon Why the wait until 17th May for the car?

Purely to do with my finances - i currently have a company car that is going back and I wanted to minimise the time I had two cars on the drive that i'm paying for and also needed to get my finances in place.

• Like 1

I don't think recommendations count for much as your price is unique to your specific details. You'll just have to hit the price comparison sites and then check with some of the companies who won't be on them like direct line and Adrian flux. 

Adding a low risk additional driver might help and be careful how you describe your occupation. Company director might not be the cheapest option. If you are company director for an IT firm for example, you could justifiably say you were an IT manager (or similar) and it might be cheaper. Obviously don't lie, it's more about describing what type of business you are in a bit better. You insurance company will never investigate it anyway! 🤣

• Like 1

I’ve used Sky Insurance for a number of years for performance cars including my ISF a few years ago. 

Rang them today for a quote on the ISF I am interested in buying and was quoted just over £1k. In comparison I was paying around £800 to insure a Alfa Romeo 4C Spider with a value of over 5 times of the ISF. Bonkers

Give John Roberts at Keith Michaels a call, tell him Pete Payne suggested you call him for a quote. :thumbup1:

Been with them 20yrs now, never felt the need to go anywhere else! Don’t think I’ve ever paid more at renewal, only when I’ve had to add mods like a dirty great supercharger kit! Lol. :lol1:

He’s a good bloke, so should be able to give you a good benchmark......

I’d tell him your best quote so far, just helps make sure he’s not miles off! 

Best of luck!

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1