Would you buy an X press F car?

Would you buy an X press F car? Anonymous poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy an X press F car

• Yes, absoluteyl
    • No - no way!
    • I'd think long and hard about it

44 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

RC-F Carbon didn't help in that regard either... 

With regards to ANY RC-F, why are you and so many people hung about weight?

The RC-F is a road car. It performs way past what is acceptable on public roads. If you want to drive on the track, buy a bloody track car. You really don't need reversing cameras and lane assist on the Thruxton circuit! 

Have you ever driven an IS-F in a spirited fashion? Have you driven an RC-F in a spirited fashion? I ask this  as it would be a handy comparison. Having driven many miles in both, I don't feel the extra weight. I'd also argue that most non skilled drivers (such as myself) probably couldn't tell if the car was 150 kg lighter or not.

Bottom line, don't just accept what you've read in a motoring magazine! Get out there and drive the cars - then see how you feel. There's a real world out there!

• Like 6

@Flytvr Couldn't have put it better my self for OUR intended use of the car weight has a very positive advantage when it comes to traction for one, fast road driving is what I enjoy and with it still being normally aspirated adds for a great deal of satisfaction due to its immediacy.

Big Rat

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

With regards to ANY RC-F, why are you and so many people hung about weight?

The RC-F is a road car. It performs way past what is acceptable on public roads. If you want to drive on the track, buy a bloody track car. You really don't need reversing cameras and lane assist on the Thruxton circuit! 

Have you ever driven an IS-F in a spirited fashion? Have you driven an RC-F in a spirited fashion? I ask this  as it would be a handy comparison. Having driven many miles in both, I don't feel the extra weight. I'd also argue that most non skilled drivers (such as myself) probably couldn't tell if the car was 150 kg lighter or not.

Bottom line, don't just accept what you've read in a motoring magazine! Get out there and drive the cars - then see how you feel. There's a real world out there!

What about me, my Gsf weighs about 40kg MORE than an non Carbon Rcf, how do you think I feel trying to hustle a lump of pig iron down a damp Welsh B road, its just so difficult.............................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Because this is a car for ALL purposes and was sold as that! Track, GT and B roads and weight plays a massive role in that. Why can people see that? Having done many miles in both and isf and a lotus Evora both are considered track cars and GT cars both go about it differently. The point being I will track the rcf I am ok with the weight which will be noticeable on track but I also like the luxury so am prepared to compromise. Lexus could have made the car lighter like others did. It’s not a bad thing to say this and it’s not meant to offend anyone. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Because this is a car for ALL purposes and was sold as that! Track, GT and B roads and weight plays a massive role in that. Why can people see that? Having done many miles in both and isf and a lotus Evora both are considered track cars and GT cars both go about it differently. The point being I will track the rcf I am ok with the weight which will be noticeable on track but I also like the luxury so am prepared to compromise. Lexus could have made the car lighter like others did. It’s not a bad thing to say this and it’s not meant to offend anyone. 

I’ve spent more time in the Exige than the Evora. Yes, Lotus peg the Evora as a softer car - but trust me, your average Lexus driver would label the Evora as a confused track car. Lotus would have been better off leaving Porsche deal with that  market.

Anyway, I’m sure you’re driving skills exceed most others, but I maintain that most of us, on the road, driving sensibly will have no issues with the weight the RCF carries.

Lotus to RCF - that’s ummmmmmm, a big change in direction 🤷‍♀️ 

I personally, don't have problem with the weight, nor I ever intend to drive RC-F if I ever have one (or shall I say when I have it) on the track anyway. However, the context was that press and public misunderstood the car... they took it as "sports car" and compared it with BMW M4 on the track... which makes no sense.

I am sick of journalist comparing RC-F Carbon with BMW "Competition Pack"... because they think that Carbon is "track version of RC-F" and as such comparable with BMW which has like £10000 optional ceramic brakes and is much lighter.... No! it is not comparable. If car journalists gets it wrong.. then it is pointless to talk about common Joe... Maybe that is not even Lexus fault (less RC-F Carbon), just bloody journalists cannot get it - it is not Track car, what it lacks in performance it returns in luxury .. 

7 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I’ve spent more time in the Exige than the Evora. Yes, Lotus peg the Evora as a softer car - but trust me, your average Lexus driver would label the Evora as a confused track car. Lotus would have been better off leaving Porsche deal with that  market.

Anyway, I’m sure you’re driving skills exceed most others, but I maintain that most of us, on the road, driving sensibly will have no issues with the weight the RCF carries.

Lotus to RCF - that’s ummmmmmm, a big change in direction 🤷‍♀️ 

Aye and not one intended to make but apparently we need to own a house... stupid wife. I need a fun rwd coupe that my 5 year old daughter can fit in the back of. Believe me that limits my choice massively! Until I can move to a 2 seater there is not much choice about. I loved my isf and am not a brand fan boy but have a soft spot for Lexus. We are also looking at a nx as a family car as well. The ownership of Lexus is ace. Reliable, built well, great dealerships, well specked etc. 

Each car I buy has a set of criteria and for now the rcf ticks the most boxes. 

I thought the Evora was a great car and I am glad they make it. I didn’t want a 911 and the Evora was the only other choice. It was superb in a drive to the ring and on the ring it’s self. Also, took golf clubs and my daughter when needed. Build quality wasn’t quite there but that aside I loved it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I personally, don't have problem with the weight, nor I ever intend to drive RC-F if I ever have one (or shall I say when I have it) on the track anyway. However, the context was that press and public misunderstood the car... they took it as "sports car" and compared it with BMW M4 on the track... which makes no sense.

I am sick of journalist comparing RC-F Carbon with BMW "Competition Pack"... because they think that Carbon is "track version of RC-F" and as such comparable with BMW which has like £10000 optional ceramic brakes and is much lighter.... No! it is not comparable. If car journalists gets it wrong.. then it is pointless to talk about common Joe... Maybe that is not even Lexus fault (less RC-F Carbon), just bloody journalists cannot get it - it is not Track car, what it lacks in performance it returns in luxury .. 

I agree. 

What I will add is that no F car lacks performance for public road driving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Issue is Lexus touted it as a track car and that is why those comparisons were made. 

Just now, Stuno1 said:

Issue is Lexus touted it as a track car and that is why those comparisons were made. 

Fair point

Just a thought... Are the RCF, ISF, GSF.... designed for the track, or just developed on the track? As most cars are. Such a small percentage are tracked, so perhaps Lexus wanted more comfort stuff (weight) which would make the car more popular with average Joe... 🤔 

• Like 2

We all have our reasons for choosing our cars, I find it interesting to hear other peoples views.

Not sure many of us bought their Lexus to do track days, anyone?

For me it just caught my eye in a car showroom.

I had read about them, and saw one at my local Toyota dealership when they were launched, so they've always been on my radar.

Having owned it for 4 weeks now I'm pleased to report I've had several people ask what's that car on your drive?

I've always had fancy cars, and I often have a fancy motor on the drive as I collect them for dealers, so for people to ask what this one is pleases me as it shows it's a rare, good looking, interesting motor.

Hoping to get it above 16mpg in the future sometime, but if not never mind. I'm still loving it.

• Like 1

I'd never seen, read or heard about the RC before seeing it come up on a search for coupes for sale, was looking at Audi TTS at the time but the RC just blew me away!

Exclusivity is a massive and underestimated element of car ownership. Loved it with many of my cars. It’s a bizzare but nice feeling when people say they like a car or take interest in it. 

• Like 2

Definitely..

I've had more interest in this car than any other I've owned.

Or perhaps more correctly, more compliments on it's appearance. My HSR drew a lot of interest, not always complimentary ....

The odd thing is when folk say ‘nice car’ as if you designed or built it you almost feel guilty for saying thanks.
I hear 'you have excellent taste' and say thanks. But never return the compliment haha

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I hear 'you have excellent taste' and say thanks. But never return the compliment haha

It is difficult when you own Lexus... It is high possibility to be taken as dishonest if you return compliment... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links