Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450h roof Rails - WANTED

Does anyone have a set of roof rails for an RX450h they want to sell?

I need them to safely secure my racing kayaks (17’ long) on top.

Cheers

Dave F

I want them for my racing kayaks and ocean ski, at 17’ & 21’ respectively, I put the crossbars as far apart as possible (and use a V bar)  to help stabilise the boats, the further apart the cross bars the better, I can’t do that without the rails. 

Just couldnt find an RX450 with them in my price range or spec.

Think I should have gone for the black interior though!

Lexus will  happily sell me set for £265 though!

Just shows different peoples taste ... I prefer the roof rails on and have had them on all the 4x4's I have owned starting with the Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7.

Not only did I prefer the look with them on but they, plus the side steps, were useful when trying to reach to wash the roof.

The only one that did not have them was an old Range Rover P38 I had a couple of cars ago.

Dave

If you are still looking for roof rail and cross bars (still in the box) I do have both for RX450h 2010 and I can sell it to you both for £150. Not used once. both are silver colour I am in Birmingham. I also have new Lexus original black boot liner and floor mats (new) cream colour.  
Regards

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear All

I have just got my RX450h and also looking for some roof bars for the RX 450h with a panoramic roof - the Halford's kit appears to offer a roof clamps but does not use the rear integrated mounting points.  Could anyone offer any advise on where to purchase or what i need to look for as there are no raised roof bars and the owners manual has very little information ?

Many Thanks and a new owner

• 4 months later...

I tried Lexus Birmingham as mentioned in this thread for the side rails but their price had increased very considerably and best price I could get new ones for was from Lexus Direct who occasionally contribute to threads on this forum. There are aftermarket non OE options available cheaper on eBay but otherwise it's checking with Breakers for genuine ones and demand for these seems to outstrip supply.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:14 PM, RX-Hybrid said:

Dear All

I have just got my RX450h and also looking for some roof bars for the RX 450h with a panoramic roof - the Halford's kit appears to offer a roof clamps but does not use the rear integrated mounting points.  Could anyone offer any advise on where to purchase or what i need to look for as there are no raised roof bars and the owners manual has very little information ?

Many Thanks and a new owner

You need the genuine roof bars that fit in the OE slots, then the after market ones like Halfords will fit across

16 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I tried Lexus Birmingham as mentioned in this thread for the side rails but their price had increased very considerably and best price I could get new ones for was from Lexus Direct who occasionally contribute to threads on this forum. There are aftermarket non OE options available cheaper on ebay but otherwise it's checking with Breakers for genuine ones and demand for these seems to outstrip supply.

When I asked Lexus Birmingham about the price our member was quoted 4 weeks previously they said that special offer had ended and I would be looking at about  the price that Snows Group have them advertised  for which is  £354.99 delivered. I think I got them at around £300 delivered from Lexus Direct, They waived the delivery charge as I bought cross bars too.  I note that there are some used ones here for the moment but with several watchers  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303360994135 

Should you get second hand ones ensure you get the longer bolts that are required to fit them. (These are included with new ones)

•  From previous thread on same subject:-
  •  

Somebody on the forum mentioned that he got a heavily discounted pair from Lexus Birmingham in June.  When I finally got though to them on the 3rd occasion in July and a week apart, having been told they would ring me back but didn't,  they said the offer had ended and the rails  were at a much higher price, I contacted 'Lexus Direct' (who sometimes put in an appearance on this forum) and they agreed to post a pair to me for the inclusive price of £300. and it hopefully stil on their website This is quite a bit cheaper than the normal price. (Lexus Exeter have them on eBay for circa £350 pounds for example.

If you do get a pair, here are a couple of tips. The instructions are all in symbol form and these suggest you bin certain parts you have to remove but I suggest you retain these.  If the next purchaser of your car does not wish to have these rails, you can then easily remove them and reinstate the original bits you removed, as so many people want these rails.you will find a buyer. Another tip is to fit the undersides of the plastic - yes plastic, (cheap skates) end covers before offering up to fix, as trying to spring these in after bolts could stress the plastic.  The tops then snap into place

I managed to get some roof bars and cycle carriers for my GX off eBay £150 but had to then source some consumables and bits such as the clear plastic to stick on the car and some thin rubber off e bay. 

Also the guy stiffed me as the keys he gave me didn't unlock the cycle frame holders but managed to get some from a lock smith (after two wrong sets off eBay supposedly that would fit. The racks appear to be based on Thule. But the cycle carriers have Toyota on them. If anyone needs keys for a Lexus cycle rack PM me and I will send the details of where I got mine from.

The guy had paid £ 560 for them so worth the hassle of me cleaning them up.

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone. A lovely lady managed to hit my beautiful rx 450h last week. Insurance have made it a total loss. I’m having to eat a £2k loss on what they’re offering based on what it will cost to replace that model.  As it happens after several days of looking I found a gem today. 2014 rx450h, 56,000 miles for £16,500.

Getting to the point. I love to cycle and use the roof rails for my bike but in any case I much prefer this model with the roof rails.  Posting here on the off chance someone has a pair for sale. Latest update on the genuine Lexus part on eBay. £370. Any help very much appreciated. 

• 2 years later...

Cheapest you will likely get new genuine are from Lexus Direct (Lexus Swindon).  Getting used original from breakers very long shot as they are so much in demand they probably have waiting lists of people wanting to buy.  These were an optional item on new cars and not specified by some original owners.  Some subsequent owners want to fit them, hence demand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links