Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possibly Returning To The Fold...

Also the roads are become less enjoyable to drive on year by year. So it might not be the car as mush as the whole experience.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Have to agree with the roads point - I now see the governments plan is to fix the roads before they’re broken with drones...*sigh*

But there is also here about how cars are now completely ridiculously quick. The level of performance from a modern F, M, RS or AMG car is on a par and possibly beyond what was considered a supercar only 20yrs ago. Which means in some cases you get into silly quick territory for c.£20k. 

A decent B road or a dual carriageway peppered with perfect roundabouts in a 150hp(ish!) cortina or 120hp Golf or even a 200hp integrale looked very different to a 450+hp rear wheel drive monster!

I’m not saying less fun - just different possibly more stressful fun! And the downside risk is definitely greater!

• Like 1

I’ve pondered about the whole snotter for daily use and something special for high days and dry days setup but it’s not for me. 

I’m a few days into it now, I’ve started to enjoy tunnels again 😄

The Yokohama V105s on the rear aren’t my cup of tea, managed to get it sideways without even trying. Whilst a dab of oppo is fun every now and then it’s not what I want all the time so I’ll have to get them changed.

Performance seems better than I remember, maybe it’s down to driving a few turbocharged cars after my last ISF and then 6 month in a Renault Zoe. The sound when the secondary air intake opens is still just as fun. I’ll be getting a mate to drive it whilst I stand outside to get a better idea of the exhaust note.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I’m officially bored, well maybe bored is the wrong word to use. 

Don’t get me wrong, the ISF is a great all rounder and a wonderful daily but it’s doesn't excite me like the Alfa did.

1 hour ago, GibletPH said:

I’m officially bored, well maybe bored is the wrong word to use. 

Don’t get me wrong, the ISF is a great all rounder and a wonderful daily but it’s doesn't excite me like the Alfa did.

Looks like I’ll be advertising it for sale soon.

Haha! It’s not an exciting car chap. It’s a compromise like all performance saloons. If you want weekend fun you need to get a coupe or a sports car with rear seats if you have a nipper like a 911 or an Evora.

• Haha 1

The ISF is a great car but the issue I had was that I felt it blended in too much with the other cars on the road. I had to put it in sports mode (which was a pain!) every time I drove it just to make things more exciting. The feel good factor was lacking for me and I started to get bored.

It's still early days with the RCF but just sitting in the cabin it fells special and every time I park up I always look back when walking away. Sometimes when I'm in the kitchen I would open the door  to the garage just to check on how it was doing!😂

• Like 4

There's a red alfa 4c near me, they do sounds and look ace, totally different car though, no doubt that's a fun car, whereas the ISF is an all-rounder. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

mTZX6fDE.jpg

And she’s gone, collected this evening by her new owner. He’s a petrolhead who had a look at the E90 M3 saloon but decided on an ISF instead. I told him about the forums and he said he will sign up in due course.

Sold it via eBay in the end, had a few of the traditional time wasters with lowball offers but this chap drove up on the weekend, test drove it and left a deposit.  

I think that’s me done with the F’s for a while. Might consider a RCF in a couple of years but for now it will be something mundane for everyday duties and then something sillier for high days and dry days. I’ll be in Japan next month and I’m trying to resist the urge to pick something up whilst I’m there and get it shipped over.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links