Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High mileage Rcf Autotrader

Is it though? That is mega mileage for the age. Seat bolster wear and all sorts of other wear for the age as well mechanical etc. 

If a buyer doesn’t intend to sell for many years then agree but otherwise it’s a lot of mileage. When you consider a car can be had for 3k more with 24k miles it’s not such a bargain at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Is it though? That is mega mileage for the age. Seat bolster wear and all sorts of other wear for the age as well mechanical etc. 

If a buyer doesn’t intend to sell for many years then agree but otherwise it’s a lot of mileage. When you consider a car can be had for 3k more with 24k miles it’s not such a bargain at all.

Yeah I guess, a bargain if the buyer plans to keep it long term... Private sale..... you could probably get it a fair bit lower than the advertised price. 

6 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Yeah I guess, a bargain if the buyer plans to keep it long term... Private sale..... you could probably get it a fair bit lower than the advertised price. 

Absolutely. Push hard - £25k. Shocking trade in value on that car!

Funnily enough I saw this yesterday. It does look lovely (from the outside at least) but too many miles for me and not a Carbon...however I asked about purchasing that ‘plate. He said ‘make me an offer’...what do people think it’s worth? Similar plates go for anything between a few hundred pounds to over £1,500...I quite like the idea of having one on an RCF though

8 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Funnily enough I saw this yesterday. It does look lovely (from the outside at least) but too many miles for me and not a Carbon...however I asked about purchasing that ‘plate. He said ‘make me an offer’...what do people think it’s worth? Similar plates go for anything between a few hundred pounds to over £1,500...I quite like the idea of having one on an RCF though

I don’t get brand or model plates. What happens when you move on? I have seen a few ‘m3’ plates or similar plates on completely different cars. Get a plate that means something to you. I bought a plate with my initials (6 characters in total) for 280 ish o seem to recall and it works on all cars. 

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

You beat me to it... I was about to say somebody was smashing miles with it... TVD and my favourite Black/red interior... Sadly no sunroof/ACC/PCS... as I would be braking my bank now otherwise.... 

15 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I don’t get brand or model plates. What happens when you move on? I have seen a few ‘m3’ plates or similar plates on completely different cars. Get a plate that means something to you. I bought a plate with my initials (6 characters in total) for 280 ish o seem to recall and it works on all cars. 

Why? if you keep the car you keep it with the plate, if you sell it you sell it with the plate. I agree it makes no sense to buy "brand" plate and then transfer it.

15 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

You beat me to it... I was about to say somebody was smashing miles with it... TVD and my favourite Black/red interior... Sadly no sunroof/ACC/PCS... as I would be braking my bank now otherwise.... 

Why? if you keep the car you keep it with the plate, if you sell it you sell it with the plate. I agree it makes no sense to buy "brand" plate and then transfer it.

The market for a model specific plate, especially on a car like the rcf is limited to say the least. If you like it then go for it but having a plate you can move between cars makes more sense to me. If you spend money on the plate I would be amazed if a dealer or private buyer saw any value in it so it would be a sunk cost. 

• Like 2

Well I can get plate L1NAS... but I just though it would be plainly childish to have the name as your number plate... funny fact the plate is actually fitted on Black 2008 IS250 SE-i, the only difference is that mine is SE-L, but otherwise identical car.

You are right - RCF plates are plentiful and cheap, but my opinion is anyway that you match the plate for the car and just keep-it/sell it with the car - never transfer.. Equally, I would never pay more then £500 for plate anyway.. so it is not like I would care selling car with the plate... My current car as well came with the "private" XXX LEX I would have never cared to put it there, nor I care to sell it with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Well I can get plate L1NAS... but I just though it would be plainly childish to have the name as your number plate... funny fact the plate is actually fitted on Black 2008 IS250 SE-i, the only difference is that mine is SE-L, but otherwise identical car.

You are right - RCF plates are plentiful and cheap, but my opinion is anyway that you match the plate for the car and just keep-it/sell it with the car - never transfer.. Equally, I would never pay more then £500 for plate anyway.. so it is not like I would care selling car with the plate... My current car as well came with the "private" XXX LEX I would have never cared to put it there, nor I care to sell it with it.

We are all different but I like the idea of the  plate that looks like your name and you can keep it for all your cars. I do ‘waste money on cars’ according to my wife with exhausts that I sell after I sell a car and ppf etc so I am no saint but could not see myself paying for a plate I would sell with the car and get no value for it. As I say, we are all different. If you can snag ‘f1 rcf’ for a low price of below £500 all in that’s not too shabby.

• Like 1

I don’t get brand or model plates. What happens when you move on? I have seen a few ‘m3’ plates or similar plates on completely different cars.

Get a plate that means something to you.

Mine is car specific- ish.

2 thoughts. One, I wanted the car to look better, not me. Two, personal to me would less likely appeal to someone else. Might add some value or attraction to car when for sale.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Mine is car specific- ish.

2 thoughts. One, I wanted the car to look better, not me. Two, personal to me would less likely appeal to someone else. Might add some value or attraction to car when for sale.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

A personalised plate won’t make an owner look better so maybe I miss understand that comment?

The idea is a personal plate is that it wouldn’t appeal to someone else, that’s why it’s a personal plate. The idea being not to profit from it but not to sell it either. 

Id be interested to see if a model specific car adds any value to a car at all. If there were two cars with identical spec and mileage would someone pay more for one with a model specific plate? Not sure they would. 

Like me I said in my post though. We are all different and thank goodness for that. We spend out money on areas that please us. 

32 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Like me I said in my post though. We are all different and thank goodness for that. We spend out money on areas that please us. 

Well I agree with that but you also said earlier and what I was replying to:

Get a plate that means something to you. I don’t get brand or model plates. 

So I was offering the other point of view  :cool:

The idea is a personal plate is that it wouldn’t appeal to someone else, that’s why it’s a personal plate. The idea being not to profit from it but not to sell it either. 

Personal? Private? It's just something one can buy that can have some meaning or none. I'm not sure your idea is valid, if someone offered you £40,000 for yours I'm confident you'd sell.

I didn't even choose my actual name or initials :laugh:

40 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Well I agree with that but you also said earlier and what I was replying to:

So I was offering the other point of view  :cool:

Personal? Private? It's just something one can buy that can have some meaning or none. I'm not sure your idea is valid, if someone offered you £40,000 for yours I'm confident you'd sell.

I didn't even choose my actual name or initials :laugh:

I would sell but the idea is (and will hold true for my plate) that it wont go up in value. I guess the reason I initially responded was that folk do this and then move the plate to a different car and seeing a merc with 'M3' on is just daft. If you intend to keep the plate then getting something more personal makes sense. If you are prepared for the sunk cost and not moving the plate to a new car then that's cool as well.

Just a bit of a giggle and an element of nostalgia for me but one did prove a cracking investment, quite some time ago I was messing about on the DVLA website when they first started them and found one that appealed it was on a 3000gt Capri I had G16 RAT, it was £99.00 +vat back then also on the bank of numbers was B16RAT it was £199.00 I bought that as well as a poss investment.

Still got G16RAT but some years ago I was working in the West Mids the number B16 RAT was on my then Navara, I was approached by some guys who owned a Vermin control company, made me a large 4 figure number offer for it which I accepted, right place right time I guess.......... Rats are fairly wise you know.....:whistling:

🐀

• Like 3

I see putting a car specific plate on as a similar mod to changing the wheels, adding a lip spoiler etc is a little aesthetic mod for a bit of individualisation. It can also hide the age of a car, mine is 8 years old but looks half that so if it had a plate on no one would know.

I dont mind either but would never spend lots of money on one. Its the ones that make no sense I dont get, even from 300 yards with a squint they look nothing like the word they are supposed to.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

seeing a merc with 'M3' on is just daft. 

amen to that. Saw a lady driving an A4 yesterday with A3 plate - someone's got a new car :laugh:

I won't be transferring my V8 plate to a Kia Picanto for similar reasons. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links