Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Everyone on this forum goes on and on about how reliable the LS 400 is.

I have just had to change a Brake Light bulb on my 20  Mk4. Only 18 years old, Shoddy, I call it!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

De Ja vu,

This week I had to change my rear parcel shelf brake light on my LS430, the previous bulb from Halfords only lasted about 4 years, but as I'd bought 2 at the time I had a spare. The new bulb seemed to last just a few hours, so I went back to Halfords and bought another 2 at £4 the pair.

It turned out that the brake bulb I'd replaced had not blown, but coincidentally, the near side top rear side light had gone after 17 years in situ. That was another £2 for 2 bulbs I had to splash out on!

My 1999 400 has only ever failed one MOT, on a blown rear fog lamp bulb, in 2010, before I owned the car. MOT histories can make interesting reading and are perhaps a better indicator of some aspects of reliability than JD Power surveys. Find used Jags for sale and check their MOT histories, and then find some Lexus of the same age and check theirs. I am a big jaguar fan but not based on this exercise

No car that's looked after and serviced properly should fail an MOT.  As when it's serviced they should look out

for any issues which could lead to failure.  When it's serviced and MOT'd at the same time, even more so.

• Like 1

Just had to put it through its MOT, today, It needs a new Front Number plate.

What with £54.00 for the Test Fee and £30.00 for a new plate,and the tenner for the Brake Light Bulb change , It is rapidly turning into a Money Pit!

I'll be ruined if it carries on like this !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links