Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Mind you, the RX I had was an F-Sport and the GS I have is a Premier. Softer, quieter and comfy is what I want, so my opinion might be different if I had a Luxury spec RX.

Unfortunately all the new RXs are on trendy 20" wheels which give poor ride and high noise, unless you go with the base model.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well I went to look at a NX. One was next to a 62 plate RX450H.  Both cars looked very similar physical size. NX a 66 plate btw. Boot size of the RX good however the middle seat is awful according to my wife who sat in it whilst I test drove it. The sales guy said no lexus has a good middle seat. It' not a luxury car thing! Mind you I wasn't impressed by the RX which suprised me. Sounded lovely tho but didn't shift as I'd have thought it should. 

Shifts much better than an IS though...., even the 3RX

10 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

You know what Rayans it should. Possibly the one I tested wasn't as it should be.

ECO mode I would have thought?

the 3RX in Normal is a bit sluggish as well but it goes very well in Sport mode. 

11 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

You know what Rayans it should. Possibly the one I tested wasn't as it should be.

Speed is deceptive in the RX as you are well insulated, and a bit detached from the driving experience.

Rayans I'm not sure what mode I started the test but I know I went to sport mode after obligatory fiddling with switches. Where I floored it was up an uphill road but not in sport mode.

Colin. Speed wasn't deceptive in any way shape or form. The sound of the engine made sure of that lol.

Still it's not a true 5 seater which is a shame. 

I think that unless you go for a people carrier with 3 individual rear seats, the middle seat in any other car will require some compromise.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

On 5/12/2018 at 11:29 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Rayans I'm not sure what mode I started the test but I know I went to sport mode after obligatory fiddling with switches. Where I floored it was up an uphill road but not in sport mode.

Colin. Speed wasn't deceptive in any way shape or form. The sound of the engine made sure of that lol.

Still it's not a true 5 seater which is a shame. 

Yes, but I think he meant that at 70mph, it feels like you're going at 40mph. 

Thinking about it and clearly I now remember saying to my wife who was sat in the back Do you know how fast we'r going? She was suprised when I said 85. I didn' realise that either. So the RX450h is rather a super machine. Pity about its rear seats otherwise it would of been mine now.

9 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

So the RX450h is rather a super machine.

Mind you I wasn't impressed by the RX which suprised me. Sounded lovely tho but didn't shift as I'd have thought it should. 

I'm confused.

Don't be confused Colin. Seems the RX is deceptive regarding how fast one is going. I call cars like that license losers lol

Thought I'd update and eat some humble pie. I was on my way with the kids and wife to try out a couple of BMW''s but had to pass the lexus garage. Whilst passing I noticed that the RX450H I tested 2 weeks ago was still there so I called in. Well the humble pie is because grand daughters seat and grandson and daughter fitted in the back seat and there was plenty of room. They loved it. So I'm waiting for a call to confirm finance.

• Like 1

You won't regret it they are great cars.

When my kids were still in car sats i would bring the seats with me to try in any new car i was buying.

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Thought I'd update and eat some humble pie. I was on my way with the kids and wife to try out a couple of BMW''s but had to pass the lexus garage. Whilst passing I noticed that the RX450H I tested 2 weeks ago was still there so I called in. Well the humble pie is because grand daughters seat and grandson and daughter fitted in the back seat and there was plenty of room. They loved it. So I'm waiting for a call to confirm finance.

What a turnaround!

Yep, its got plenty of space - Ive regularly managed to fit my wife, my 6 ft son and my youngest one in her car seat inside with no issues

Well Rayans maybe a turnaround but not so. I've read my posts and made mistakes within.

Phoned today and finance sorted so Saturday I'll be in the beast. It' had its 40k service this February but not showing as had the hybrid health check so Leeds is doing one for me gratis. 

I know I'll have questions on it but I'll ask them in the RX forum.

• 1 month later...

Well 2 weeks ago I made the decision and bit the bullet. Got the RX450h Advance 2015. Covered just over 1300 miles and averaged in excess of 36mpg which is the icing on the cake. The bonus is that my wife loves it so a 'win,win situation'. Car has a few minor paintwork issues which should have been sorted prior to collection, but they are picking it up next week to sort it (should have been today but yesterday the car they were bringing me got pranged).

Most comfortable car i've owned. Beats even my 1990 W124 Mercedes CE which comes a close second.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:48 AM, Mr Vlad said:

Humbłe pie from me too. I had a 2018 F-Sport a few months ago as a courtesy car and wasn't impressed, finding it too noisy, with a hard ride and seats which were also hard and very uncomfortable. I didn't understand the love for the RX at all. However, this weekend I've had a new RX Sport while my NX was having the side protection strips fitted and...wow! So quiet, a nicer ride and a general sense of extreme calm. Very different to how I remember the F-Sport I had previously, but in line with comments I've read on this forum from others.

As a vehicle for me it is still far too big...but I finally 'get it.' It's an amazing thing. 

You knowwhat Ed the RX isn't the big car loads think it is. It's not much bigger than the NX (both cars were next to each other when I went for the 2nd viewing of the RX). I may have gone for the NX but it's boot was smaller. My RX is only a couple of inches longer than the IS300h I had but oh yes it's tall. 

6 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

You knowwhat Ed the RX isn't the big car loads think it is. It's not much bigger than the NX (both cars were next to each other when I went for the 2nd viewing of the RX). I may have gone for the NX but it's boot was smaller. My RX is only a couple of inches longer than the IS300h I had but oh yes it's tall. 

The latest RX is 489cms long. The NX is only 464cms. Where I really struggle around here is width - the RX may only be 5 1/2 cms wider than the NX but on single track lanes that makes a surprisingly big difference. I have a minimum of 2 miles to the nearest B road from my village, and the RX makes that just a little bit too nerve racking for me. And as my first wife used to say, just a little bit of extra width makes a big difference. I'm still not totally sure what she meant...🤣