Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RcF MY18 Lexus Cheltenham

Yes, but F-Sport wheels still have similarities to like some Classic wheels. If you take a good look they are very originally overlapped double 5 stars, obviously diamond cut adds additional dimension... as I have said I really like these wheels as well, just that they now lack exclusivity. But... there are hardly any wheels similar to RC-F "L-shapes".

10 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@rayaans So I was wondering then if they put on afterwards does it mean it had the standard set as an additional set just curious, hopefully be seeing some come up for sale in the Uk some time soon

🐀

Definitely didn't come out of the factory with the carbon wheels. The build spec for that vehicle states the wheels as 255+275/35r19 forged high. Carbon wheels list as 255+275/35r19 forged high+

• Like 1

Hi all.

Not keen on the ones on the red is like the ones on the isf but with our pot holed roads need more rubber like a tractor tyre to keep from damaging wheels and tyres.:wink3:

65mike,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Not keen on the ones on the red is like the ones on the isf but with our pot holed roads need more rubber like a tractor tyre to keep from damaging wheels and tyres.:wink3:

Well.. again that is not exactly the measure of the style... is it?

As for the roads... I think if we would start publicly hanging politician that might help, because in recent years potholes became ridiculous... and it is not like I just noticed. There is sharp increase in potholes even comparing with like 2-3 years ago...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I think if we would start publicly hanging politician that might help,

..... And use their bodies to fill the holes ... :whip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I'm guessing these are cast alloy too - basically the 'cheap' wheel option which was never offered in the UK.

After a bit of digging it appears the US wheels are forged, not cast, and the new UK standard wheels are probably forged too.

• Like 1

I'll jump on that bandwagon these politicians use tax funded vehicles driven by public service employees paid for by us, is it any surprise really........

🐀

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I'll jump on that bandwagon these politicians use tax funded vehicles driven by public service employees paid for by us, is it any surprise really........

🐀

.... and they blame us - "Those bloody inconsiderate drivers in their metal boxes just polluting and only breaking the law".

20 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

..... And use their bodies to fill the holes ... :whip:

Sadly, they are so useless that you cannot even plug the whole with them...

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Just part of of it then?

I would rather use stone... proven to work.... conclusion - stone is more useful then politician. Not only harmless unless thrown but as well can be very useful for throwing at politicians.  

On 04/05/2018 at 9:22 PM, Linas.P said:

I think they look even better on white (though I guess that is again subjective):

Image result for similar to RC-F wheels

some more info can be found here - as @ColinBarber said all forged:

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/09/04/2015-lexus-rc-f-preview/

14-09-04-lexus-rc-f-wheel-options.jpg

Thanks that’s the exact picture I was talking about 👍🏻

I would have loved to have had them on my white ISF - they look brilliant!!

I went to see that car this weekend as I was in Tunbridge Wells anyway. Two things:

- they’ve got it IN the showroom, so no prospect of a test drive unless you ring ahead. 

- it has a really nasty paint chip on the boot panel just next to the spoiler  

otherwise it looks immense is in good condition and IMHO looks amazing - but don’t take my word for it. The 50+ yr old lady on ‘reception’ said it was her favourite car in the garage! 

Mid you if don’t like it - it costs £150 to colour match wrap the bonnet. So win:win. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:59 PM, Big Rat said:

My browser was out of sync with the thread, so apologies for the slightly random comment in amongst chat about alloy wheels and whether they constitute a modification or not...anyhow, suffice to say I went to see the car above that is now in Tunbridge Wells - and its lovely. It is in the showroom - so ring ahead if you want a test drive and also it has that nasty stonechip that you might want looked at...IMHO the constrasting bonnet looks immense (if a little MAX Power) and the wheels look correct

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

My browser was out of sync with the thread, so apologies for the slightly random comment in amongst chat about alloy wheels and whether they constitute a modification or not...anyhow, suffice to say I went to see the car above that is now in Tunbridge Wells - and its lovely. It is in the showroom - so ring ahead if you want a test drive and also it has that nasty stonechip that you might want looked at...IMHO the constrasting bonnet looks immense (if a little MAX Power) and the wheels look correct

So will you still be wrapping the bonnet on yours or has it grown on you:)?

1 hour ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

So you think the silver and carbon combo worked? Looks odd in pics.

5 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

So you think the silver and carbon combo worked? Looks odd in pics.

Not seen in person but it seems to work quite well in the video. The carbon is normally 'very in your face' with high contrast colour differences but it is more subtle against the silver. I guess it depends on what statement you are trying to make.

• Like 1

I think it actually looks great. The quality of the carbon weave is such that it looks beautiful - however there is no getting away from the fact the car is two tone! I'm going to live with it for a little while and see how I feel. I think at the moment I'm still plumping for the wrap.

I took some photo's of my car at Lexus Hatfield yesterday (I wanted to visit on the day it was going in for its pre-delivery prep and services) - a bit of judicious photo-shopping yielded this...ENJOY

MyRCF.thumb.png.f6a6f38c08a7ba25faf8191068023bd8.png

• Like 5

I say keep it standard and be proud of what is a very rare car! Most people who see you on the road will never see another carbon edition so you can't deny them the privilege 🤣

For the same reason you must drive everywhere at 6000rpm 👂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1