Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 200

On a diagnostic, the readout gave a fault on the rear o2 sensor. Problem is there doesn't look like there is or ever was one. A you tube tutorial shows a guy getting at one in a round about way from under the carpet/front seat and more. But on investigation on my 2003 British model IS 200 nothing there is in this area. My question to the forum is: Is there a third sensor on our models, or only the two under the bonnet.

Hi Ratt,

Yes there are 3 o2 sensors on our cars, there is 2 pre-cat sensors which are location on the exhaust manifold in the engine bay. Then there is one on the middle silencer undermeath the car on the exhaust. Will be on the drivers side of the silencer. You are correct wire for the sensor runs up underneath the passenger seat, if you put the passenger seat forward as far as it will go and take out the air ducting you will see the wire for it.

Hiya Dean...I'm slow to respond to your help with o2 sensor knowledge, it's only this morning that I have been able to get to it on the car. My question today is, did you ever know of a model that didn't actually have a third sensor fitted on the exhaust. I have had the necessary look as you described, but it seems like there never was one fitted.