Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheapest working keyless blocker

Faraday 'cage'.

The modern world! Afraid of everything!

Though I wish some cafes, restaurants had them installed around their establishments to stop the incessant phone gapers.

I remember a video of a very ratty Citroen Mehari that had a cut-off switch hidden in an ash tray.

I’ve got that exact pouch. Works perfectly.

It has a pouch to stop the key signal getting out and another pouch that allows the signal to get out, so it stops your key fob getting scratched to hell in your pocket.

I like it.

And my Iphone fits in it. :lol:

I have a 2017 GS, if you hold down the lock button and press the unlock button twice it disables the fob, I'm not sure when this feature was introduced but worth a try.

19 minutes ago, Verbout said:

How do you know it’s disabled, and how do you enable it?

It's stated in the owner's handbook, Battery saving feature as it stops the fob transmitting.

Enabled with a single push of the unlock button

7 hours ago, Dixgas said:

I have a 2017 GS, if you hold down the lock button and press the unlock button twice it disables the fob, I'm not sure when this feature was introduced but worth a try.

It isn't a new feature, available on all vehicles with keyless operation using the same key fob design. Certainly worth doing on your spare key to stop the Battery running down, and unless you have the spare in a blocker then you are still vulnerable to an attack.

Doesn't seem like a good solution for daily use, if you are pressing the key fob to disable and then again to unlock the car you might as well disable keyless operation completely and just use the fob's lock/unlock buttons. I believe some vehicles have the ability to disable keyless locking/unlocking as a driver option on the dashboard, others it is a dealer customisation only (or an OBDII device and software).

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

It's stated in the owner's handbook, battery saving feature as it stops the fob transmitting.

Enabled with a single push of the unlock button

Yes, I understand it’ll be in the handbook :), but how do YOU know   it’s disabled?

Tried this with the spare fob for my IS250. Walked up to the car and touched the door handle and got in and the car started. I assume if it did work, then I wouldn't be able to do either.

15 minutes ago, Verbout said:

Yes, I understand it’ll be in the handbook :), but how do YOU know   it’s disabled?

'Cos I tried it ... :yes:

• Like 1

I have full insurance on my lex, but this method cost about 1,5 euro ;)

In lexus IS mk2 i cannot find fuction to disable keyless go function. I have newest techstream v13. and launch x431 and i have only possibity to disable wireless function, so if i want to open the door i need to use physical key.

27540489_1670457916353671_83948822131729
In toyota as someone said (in newest lexus) there is an option to dissable keylles go

7 hours ago, Dixgas said:

Tried this a while ago and it Does Not work on my 2007 250!

paul m.

On 04/05/2018 at 4:21 PM, Verbout said:

I have the IS300h, when you disable it, you see 2 sets of 2 flashes, so 4 flashes in total of the LED on the remote.

You can also walk up to your car and slip your hand behind the handle and it won't open.

I do this all the time at home, when out and about I usually leave it alone so you can walk up to the car as normal.

When leaving or arriving home, you usually need your keys for your house front door anyway.

Vince

• Thanks 1