Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

AWD 460 SE-l % uplift against a RWD views sought

It appears that I have got the only All Wheel Drive (AWD) Lexus 460 SE-L in the U.K. well according to Lexus Manchester that is.

I am not asking what price it may fetch I'm just interested to know your views on:

What would be the % uplift in price terms be against the standard Rear Wheel Drive Version?

And what do you think the % uplift might be in terms of its uniqueness?

looking forward to a lively debate.

IMG_3344.JPG

quite honestly, i think just about a zero uplift ............. for when it goes awry there's going to be a helluva issue getting someone, even at Lexus to fix the problems.

I'm thinking that your AWD will be totally different to any other Toyota/Lexus AWD in the UK .  but if I'm wrong then I guess you mat see some slight uplift in value.

BUT it's quite usual that add-ons with a secondhand limo really hardly add value to the price achievable.

Malc

However, my AWD on the Honda Legend is a common feature and absolutely any Honda main dealer will be able to fix it :whistling1: 

On 02/05/2018 at 7:49 AM, lexus707 said:

Well I did say I wanted a lively debate. On the contrary Malc unlike the Honda that has individual clutched components the system on the 460 is a standard Torsen system as used by Audi in their Quattro. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsen I understand that Toyota hold the license to the Torsen system. When the car went in for service at Lexus I asked the very question you posed and they said that although they hadn't seen it on a 460 the system was well known to them.

47 minutes ago, Malc said:

quite honestly, i think just about a zero uplift ............. for when it goes awry there's going to be a helluva issue getting someone, even at Lexus to fix the problems.

I'm thinking that your AWD will be totally different to any other Toyota/Lexus AWD in the UK .  but if I'm wrong then I guess you mat see some slight uplift in value.

BUT it's quite usual that add-ons with a secondhand limo really hardly add value to the price achievable.

Malc

However, my AWD on the Honda Legend is a common feature and absolutely any Honda main dealer will be able to fix it :whistling1: 

Hiya,

I'm a bit puzzled by this.  I was aware that only one AWD 460 had come into this country to be sold before things started going badly in about 2008 for LSs.  I was very interested in this car, but when Lexus Manchester sold it at about three years old it was silver, and I prefer a darker coloured car, so lost interest.  And here, now you have a blue car that's a 460 LS SEL .....

I need a lie down.