Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Identifying and updating CT Navigation

penguinpaul

Hi all, new CT owner here..
Loving most things on the car so far, it's a 2011 SE-L model.
However, I'm struggling to try and update the maps!

I've registered with the Lexus Customer Portal, but when I try and register the multimedia system, none of the options match what I have fitted.

Can anyone identify my system? Maybe the portal isn't the right place to update it...

Pictures attached of the options on the site, and my actual system.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 18.36.29.png

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_6610.JPG

Hi penguinpaul

Not good news I am afraid it is approximately £160 dealer update.  Just be aware that even if you went down this route the mapping system is approximately 2 years out of date already unless they have updated it which I very much doubt.

Good luck

Stompe

Thanks for the replies! Not the greatest news.. Is the dealer update just for the maps, or is it a general firmware update?
If it's just maps, and they're already a couple of years old, maybe it's not worth it, but if there are general fixes etc in the update, then maybe it is.
Is £160 the update cost, excluding labour, or the whole job?

I'm guessing this has to be a Lexus main dealer, the Toyota main dealer wouldn't be able to do it?
Unfortunately for me, the nearest Lexus dealer is in another county! (130 mile round trip)

You should be able to get firmware updates from the dealer for the cost of the labour to install them, you shouldn't have to purchase the maps. Do you suffer from issues? Don't expect a big update.

In theory a Toyota dealer shouldn't be able to do this but some are able to. Give them a ring.

On 04/05/2018 at 8:52 PM, stormchaser said:

I’ve also asked the dealer and been told the same (mines a 2011).
There is no disc on eBay either for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try this eBay ad just make sure its for your car if you decide to buy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-2017-Sat-Nav-Update-DVD-Most-Models-Is-Gs-LS-Nx-Ct-Rx/202300538506?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D50546%26meid%3D7de51f896cf14541bfa8d66d1a6adf07%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D202304740059%26itm%3D202300538506&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

On 04/05/2018 at 6:39 PM, penguinpaul said:

Hi all, new CT owner here..
Loving most things on the car so far, it's a 2011 SE-L model.
However, I'm struggling to try and update the maps!

I've registered with the Lexus Customer Portal, but when I try and register the multimedia system, none of the options match what I have fitted.

The CT nav at that age doesn't have any connected services and therefore isn't a 'Premium' Nav system. This means it isn't supported on the Lexus portal.

The system is hard disk based, rather than DVD or SD Card, and so a dealer must install new maps.

Thanks everyone, I'll try and get a chance to pop into the Toyota dealer and have a chat.
There are some bugs in the software that hopefully have been fixed, for example sometimes going into the Info page, it takes me to the maps.

The discs on eBay don't appear to be quite the right ones for this car, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

(Just got to get my starter Battery sorted first, reading 9.5v shortly after switching off)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

i’m a New owner and have the same problem identifying the system I have on a 2014 CT200H, mine doesn’t appear in the portal either. I could possibly get an update from this site if I new the system details 

any help would be greatly received 

https://satnavstore.com/ALLCARS/Lexus/LEXUS-PREMIUM-NAVIGATION-SD-CARD-SAT-NAV-MAP-UPDATE-

On 8/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, Firstsealord said:

Hi,

i’m a New owner and have the same problem identifying the system I have on a 2014 CT200H, mine doesn’t appear in the portal either. I could possibly get an update from this site if I new the system details 

any help would be greatly received 

https://satnavstore.com/ALLCARS/Lexus/LEXUS-PREMIUM-NAVIGATION-SD-CARD-SAT-NAV-MAP-UPDATE-

On 4/14/2018 at 5:15 AM, Shd995 said:

I would be very careful about that site,  we only have a USB input not a SD card input, How do you know it won't **** up the system? 

• 3 months later...

As an update to this, older topic I know..
I went to the Toyota dealer and they informed me that they were a Toyota dealer, and couldn't imagine why I would even ask about any other brand.. Wouldn't assosciate Lexus with Toyota at all - so I won't be going there for my MOTs and servicing then!

So I emailed Snows Lexus (preparing for the 130 mile round trip), and they promptly replied saying they'd find out a price for me.. I then heard nothing back, so chased them after 2 weeks, and they never replied to that either..

So I didn't really get anywhere with this! No one seems to want my money for updating the maps..

I'd be happy to pay that if I could find somewhere that would actually do it...

One of the main gripes for me is a software bug in the firmware version I've got - the first time on every startup that you navigate to the setup or phone or climate tab, it gives the warning of "don't use the map while driving", and the only option is "Show Map", and it takes you to the map! Despite wanting to go to the phone, or climate settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, frankly don't bother. 

I use a garmin with free lifetime updates, but my son just uses his mobile phone in a holder. Goggle maps is always up to date and gives traffic/ roadworks bulletins as he drives......excellent and free.

• 1 year later...