Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thank You and Goodbye

Guys, the time finally came today to let the ISF go to a new home.  I have loved every minute of ownership but there are lots of cars I want to own and only so much time in which to do it.  

The car that has replaced it is a 2018 civic type r and although first impressions are epic, the ISF will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Thank you to all of the forum friends I have made and good luck for the future.  I will still be dipping in from time to time as the banter is just too good to miss!!

Cheers guys.

Marcus

• Like 10

@Jgtcracer Marcus sorry to hear your off congrats on the new motor, I frequently sit in the passenger seat of a mates 2018 R...... never lets me drive.........can't think why........ anyway any chance of a pic of her before you go.......:whistling1:

🐀

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

Guys, the time finally came today to let the ISF go to a new home.  I have loved every minute of ownership but there are lots of cars I want to own and only so much time in which to do it.  

The car that has replaced it is a 2018 civic type r and although first impressions are epic, the ISF will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Thank you to all of the forum friends I have made and good luck for the future.  I will still be dipping in from time to time as the banter is just too good to miss!!

Cheers guys.

Marcus

All the best Marcus, your input will be missed, pop back from time to time 👍. Enjoy the new motor! 

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Spotted already.. it even has sunroof and some interesting Apexi button... sadly it is Messa Red :whistling:

LONG LIVE PINK!!!! 

On a lighter note, although the styling is a bit Marmite, they do look better in the flesh and I'm not kidding when I say I have never driven something that turns in and grips through a corner like the type R does.  I usually take what motoring journalists review with a pinch of salt but it really is like they say it is!!  It'll be quicker than the ISF point to point and is cheaper to run and more practical also.

Don't discount one based upon styling until you drive it. I was blown away!

I'll always miss the ISF though. What character!!

Marcus

20180504_102117.jpg

20180504_102140.jpg

20180505_075854.jpg

• Like 9

There are 3 locally to me. White, red and that battleship grey that looks very cool.

Enjoy!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

They are a great car Marcus & I’m sure you will have a lot of fun. Let us know your impressions when you have lived with it for a bit 👍🏻

My other car is a Civic sport, which is a lot of fun and our experience with the dealers has also been a very positive one.

Have Hun & keep us posted.

• Like 1

Had a look around one recently whilst at Donington for the BTCC. Front end is sublime, not so sure on the back. The previous shape (FK2) was parked nearby, I prefer the styling of the FK8.

Saw the race car during the pitwalk. The bodykit on that thing is immense - 

XTgOHOYg.jpg

Congratulations on the new car, shame you have sold the Isf , I love the looks of the new Type R, would love to drive one, keep us posted on the ownership experience.............

Congrats on the civic. Ive always got a soft spot for them after owning an EP3 and an FN2 in that bronze colour that looked black most of the time.

That FN2 of mine took some abuse lol and was an intense drive but really reliable. Needed a set of plugs about 20k earlier than Honda recommended but i heard that was normal.

I love the shape of the new one and think its way more interesting than any Golf R or anything else VAG that this country seems to be in love with. Not sure about the ones still in primer though lol.

I know how you feel about wanting to own other cars though and it was part of the reason for selling mine.

@Jgtcracer congrats - a Honda - excellent cars  😀

Seen hundreds, but never driven one. I’d imagine it’s one of the most fun / practical combinations money can buy.

You know Rallye Red is known  internally as PINK at Honda 😜

8 hours ago, AlanS said:

Congrats on the purchase of the FK8, still not convinced on them yet.

IMO this is the last real type R. 😜

74D99B17-ACEF-41CB-A0AC-E563B5B1418A.jpeg

I've been a honda driver just about my whole life, starting in VTEC crx's (had 4 in a row!!) Owned everything from civic type r to Integra type r to accord type r.

I was very much in the opinion that honda had lost their way with the new type r cars but they definatly haven't with this one, it drives and feels exactly the same as old school 90's VTEC Honda's, it's just been turned up to 11!  The noise is gone though which was a massive part of the VTEC experience for me

If you get a chance to drive one, give it a go.

(That's some car combo by the way, you must have a very understanding other half!!!!! Your a lucky man.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flytvr said:

@Jgtcracer congrats - a Honda - excellent cars  😀

Seen hundreds, but never driven one. I’d imagine it’s one of the most fun / practical combinations money can buy.

You know Rallye Red is known  internally as PINK at Honda 😜

Thanks, that was a major selling point for me.  It's way more practical than the ISF, has folding seats also.  It's not really hatchback sized, it's closer to saloon size.  More room in back seats too.

I can't think of much south of £30k, even used that will keep up with it point to point either.  You guys really need to at least blag a test drive.  

Not sure if you have noticed but I'm slightly smitten with it.  My opinions are completely biased and untrustworthy!!

Marcus

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I've been a honda driver just about my whole life, starting in VTEC crx's (had 4 in a row!!) Owned everything from civic type r to Integra type r to accord type r.

I was very much in the opinion that honda had lost their way with the new type r cars but they definatly haven't with this one, it drives and feels exactly the same as old school 90's VTEC Honda's, it's just been turned up to 11!  The noise is gone though which was a massive part of the VTEC experience for me

If you get a chance to drive one, give it a go.

(That's some car combo by the way, you must have a very understanding other half!!!!! Your a lucky man.)

I’m pretty much the same, had 5 type Rs in a row, then one day thought to my self I need to move on and try something different.

Bought the ISF 4 years ago and it wasn’t until last year I decided I need to have another type R, so imported a fresh one from Japan with only 9k miles on clock with the intention of keeping forever being the last NA type r.

I did sat in the FK8 last time I was in the dealership, looked massive in person and thought the styling were a bit busy. Maybe 1 day it will grown on me.

674549FA-8D22-4D0D-9A40-B180C1338CC0.jpeg

613BB7B1-7D0E-4770-B459-0F88C24E764D.jpeg

• Like 2