Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior lights/puddle lights

I picked up my 2014 300h today, absolutely love it, such a different car to the Prius I used to drive.

i have a few queries though about interior and exterior lighting. 

Mine is the SE spec, in the handbook it makes reference to footwell lights and outside puddle lights that are on the exterior mirrors, would mine have those as I couldn't see any light in the footwells?

also in the panel above your head where the interior lights are there appear to be 2small LED lights that would light the centre console, mine don't appear to be working, should the SE have those? If so does anyone know what fuse might be responsible for all of these?

many thanks in advance

The SE has puddle lights. I never found them that useful because you seem to have to stand next to the vehicle for a second or two before they come on - by which point you have opened the door. They can be disabled/enabled but that is a dealer only option, not via the instrument cluster settings. With the vehicle locked, try standing next to the mirror for a few seconds when dark.

I think you would have footwell lights, again that could be a dealer customisation to turn them off.

I don't believe the over head panel has small LEDs - I certainly don't remember them, unlike my wife's Prius which has one that lights up the drinks holder areas. They are possibly holes for the hands-free microphone or alarm interior sensor or something like that.

• Like 1

the IS doesnt have the overhead lights for the centre console like you find in the CT.

you will find that the lights only work when its dark ,during daylight hours your interior lights wont come on

if you want to test them place a cloth over the sensor at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side

your puddle lights,footwell lights & interior lights will all illuminate now.

i do find the lighting in the IS is really poor so i have changed all mine to Leds such an improvement.

• Like 1

Wow that's a real disappointment about the overhead LEDs, I've got so used to them on the Prius, I may have to see if I can't do something about that,

just been back out to the car and it does have the have the footwell and puddle lights, just need to figure on some single LEDs to light the console from above

14 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

Wow that's a real disappointment about the overhead LEDs, I've got so used to them on the Prius, I may have to see if I can't do something about that,

just been back out to the car and it does have the have the footwell and puddle lights, just need to figure on some single LEDs to light the console from above

have you noticed the light in the interior door release handle in the front doors

• Like 1

Hi 

welcome to the Lexus club. I had the same issue as you as I came from an auris hybrid and I too thought the centre console was rather dark. when it went in for a service a Lexus technician came out and confirmed the 2 wholes where I thought the leds were are infact for the alarm. don't worry too much as you get used to it and now it doesn't bother me at all, absolutely love the car 

Cheers

carl

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links