Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Europarts Brake Discs and Pads

Hello All, 

Looks like my long hunt for the ISF is finally over. Deposit down for the USB ISF in Lexus Swindon. I'll put up a post about my hunt later on. 

As Europarts have a 50% discount on brakes this bank holiday weekend, I thought I would take the opportunity to stock up now. 

Brembo Brake Disc (Front)Product Code: 10482208A

Brembo Brake Disc (Rear)Product Code: 10482209A

Brembo Brake Pad (Front)Product Code: 10182101A

Brembo Brake Pad (Rear)Product Code: 10182102A

I think those are the right ones right? Would appreciate some validation, did stick in the reg plate as well.....

Thanks. 

• Like 1

@wantaisf Jim replied to your pm before I saw this wasn’t sure which Swindon Car you bought as they are both great examples congrats Matey.

As regards the Europarts many have used them without issue obviously much cheaper, the compound is probably less dusty as well !

🐀

I’m LED to believe “Euros” are like “sports direct” all slightly seconds in one form or another, I know the family mechanic will not use their parts as he has to give 12month warranty on “parts and labour”

says it all for “me” personally 

15 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I’m led to believe “Euros” are like “sports direct” all slightly seconds in one form or another, I know the family mechanic will not use their parts as he has to give 12month warranty on “parts and labour”

Would they legally be allowed to sell items like that without declaring that it's the case??

Marcus

30 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I’m led to believe “Euros” are like “sports direct” all slightly seconds in one form or another, I know the family mechanic will not use their parts as he has to give 12month warranty on “parts and labour”

Is that just hearsay? Or are there any facts to substantiate that?

I must admit my local indy doesn’t use them, I must enquire why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

Would they legally be allowed to sell items like that without declaring that it's the case??

Marcus

As far as I’m aware so long as it’s not dangerous then no, all paints at local diy stores like “Dulux” are slightly seconds or have slight imperfections, dulux centres are almost twice the price, euros as I’m LED to believe are slight imperfections but are not dangerous, quality of materials in products for example, all I do know is he won’t use them as for example “discs warp” some sooner than others, he’s issue is who pays for his labour second time around?.......any garage have to warranty “parts and labour” for 12 months, if I bought “euro parts” he won’t fit them......someone I trust implicitly where cars are concerned.

Paul

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

Is that just hearsay? Or are there any facts to substantiate that?

I must admit my local indy doesn’t use them, I must enquire why.

All garages have to give “parts and labour” warranty for 12months, so my guess is won’t touch as the labour replacement isn’t covered, but ok if your handy with spanner’s yourself......must be something in it if his view is similar.

Paul

All garages have to give “parts and labour” warranty for 12months, so my guess is won’t touch as the labour replacement isn’t covered, but ok if your handy with spanner’s yourself......must be something in it if his view is similar.
Paul
Rules on fitting parts is they have to be fit for purpose. There isn't a set time as far as I know.

I sympathise with his position, I would only fit parts I would use myself but the 12 months seems spurious. Maybe a self imposed rule?

Happy to be proved wrong. Do you have a link to the law on this?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

To the OP.

There's nothing the matter with Euro Car parts, brembo or Pagid its all genuine and I've used them for years on my families fleet of cars, including my IS200 back in the day.

That said, with your new ISF did you check the discs weren't lipped and ask for pad measurements ? I'd insist on all new at that mileage if they haven't been done...or as you say perhaps you're stocking up.....actually I find it a decent barometer of future car servicing by looking at ECP and they are decent prices.

Lovely looking car by the way. 

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Rules on fitting parts is they have to be fit for purpose. There isn't a set time as far as I know.

I sympathise with his position, I would only fit parts I would use myself but the 12 months seems spurious. Maybe a self imposed rule?

Happy to be proved wrong. Do you have a link to the law on this?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I’ll have to ask him but he 100% definitely stated the laws now changed and he has to warranty his labour too.....he wouldn’t get the injector for my D5 from them nor my starter motor for my AMG when I had it, always paid more for the parts and not massively more BUT he supplies them at his cost to me too, so I’m happy with what he says and does.

1 hour ago, GibletPH said:

ECP selling seconds is nonsense. There was nothing wrong with the discs I bought from them for my last ISF. They came in sealed Brembo boxes

I know there’s no tone in a message so please don’t take this the wrong way as it’s only what I’m LED to believe, dulux paint from Homebase or B&Q is in a sealed pot, it’s still a second grade paint compared to dulux centres paint, I’m also of the opinion if it’s to good to be true it normally is, but like I say that’s just “my” take on it.

• Like 1

The only common denominator I'm seeing here (Sports Direct and ECP) are that they both sell a hell of a lot of stuff, hence they can reduce their prices. 

The branded stuff in both outlets is exactly that...branded. I've never seen Adidas / Nike in Sports Direct much cheaper than anywhere else, its simply marketed better  with numerous outlets so you can try it on , quality same as...err....anywhere else ?.

ECP deliver to several independent garages around our way....they have a fleet of vans. My understanding with brake parts is that the garage won't fit if you supply. 

As for paint, yep there's a rumour that the stuff they sell in the sheds is inferior quality.....to what and to whom I wonder? Most punters buy paint from the sheds and it does what it says on the tin and that must be 99% of the market so yeah..I just don't get it. .   

12 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Dulux's quality control must be horrendous if they''re churning out enough "seconds" to fill Homebase & B&Q's warehouses.

It may be they they make it this way for the diy’er as no painter I know will buy paint from these stores for this very reason, like most things these days, people want value for money which never works out that way in the long run. 

7 minutes ago, doog442 said:

The only common denominator I'm seeing here (Sports Direct and ECP) are that they both sell a hell of a lot of stuff, hence they can reduce their prices. 

The branded stuff in both outlets is exactly that...branded. I've never seen Adidas / Nike in Sports Direct much cheaper than anywhere else, its simply marketed better  with numerous outlets so you can try it on , quality same as...err....anywhere else ?.

ECP deliver to several independent garages around our way....they have a fleet of vans. My understanding with brake parts is that the garage won't fit if you supply. 

As for paint, yep there's a rumour that the stuff they sell in the sheds is inferior quality.....to what and to whom I wonder? Most punters buy paint from the sheds and it does what it says on the tin and that must be 99% of the market so yeah..I just don't get it. .   

That’s what I used to think to, after using a shed paint and then a dulux centre paint side by side I can assure you they are very different indeed, I’m happy to pay more for the better finish, as for the rest it’s really down to the individual and their beliefs I suppose......for me it’s the same as supermarket fuel, there’s rumours behind that being cheaper too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

.....for me it’s the same as supermarket fuel, there’s rumours behind that being cheaper too.

Deserves a thread of its own :wink3:

• Haha 1

If DIY store paint are seconds then I can't see it mattering much.  If I paint a room I'll buy all the paint I need there and the colour will still match.  I was under the impression the reason the trade didn't shop there was because the trade paints are not available and the cost is very high.

I work in the manufacturing industry and as said above, between homebase, B&Q, and Wickes etc they will sell the vast majority of stock that these manufactures sell in the UK. Retail brand buyers will not accept seconds from manufacturers, retailers are all powerful nowadays.  Just Google Tesco abuse of power. Lol. 

I'm not convinced that the whole retail market is full of seconds, whether it be car parts or paint.

Feel free to tell me I'm talking ****. I usually am!

Marcus

10 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I know there’s no tone in a message so please don’t take this the wrong way as it’s only what I’m led to believe, dulux paint from Homebase or B&Q is in a sealed pot, it’s still a second grade paint compared to dulux centres paint, I’m also of the opinion if it’s to good to be true it normally is, but like I say that’s just “my” take on it.

No worries, sorry if mine came across as arsy. 

The paint debate is interesting, my mates dad is a decorator and he sticks with Dulux Centre stuff. However with ECP I’ve never had an issue with any part I’ve bought from them. None of my trusted mechanics have ever refused to fit the parts either. I’ll personally be very surprised if they are seconds, I think ECP work on low overheads and higher volume hence the cheaper prices.  

• Like 1

I believe a lot of garages, painters, plumbers, etc buy from places other than ECP, Wickes, B&Q et al is that they have accounts with these companies so they can order and pay later.

One of my relatives. A heating engineer,  has accounts with all the popular companies. I can’t believe he uses mass produced below par products.

Thanks for the posts chaps. It has made me think that £306 for discs and pads all round for a Lexus ISF is suspiciously cheap! So much so, I'm going to delay the purchase, and actually might source OEM discs from Lexis and Hawks pads for Cambridge Motorsport. 

40 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

No worries, sorry if mine came across as arsy. 

The paint debate is interesting, my mates dad is a decorator and he sticks with Dulux Centre stuff. However with ECP I’ve never had an issue with any part I’ve bought from them. None of my trusted mechanics have ever refused to fit the parts either. I’ll personally be very surprised if they are seconds, I think ECP work on low overheads and higher volume hence the cheaper prices.  

You didn’t 👍.....I’m always aware of the “no tonality” thing but sometimes u read it back n think oops that’s not how it’s meant to “sound” lol.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

dulux paint from Homebase or B&Q is in a sealed pot, it’s still a second grade paint compared to dulux centres paint,

By this do you mean the paint is of different quality but labelled the same? 

I know the trade versions of Dulux paints are very different from the 'standard' DIY versions but they are also labelled differently and cost significantly more, even from the likes of B&Q.

It's very misleading to base judgements of quality on the price charged, as the likes of B&Q have massive purchasing power and also often sell at 'special' prices to drive sales.

Brakes are OK for a bit, just thought I would stock up as it's so cheap right now with the bank holiday sale! If I was going to get it fitted straight away, I would buy it without hesitation, as any issues upon fitting I would go back to them. But don't fancy keeping it in the garage for over 1 year and then going back to them later if there was a problem.